Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Lubuntu - One Stop Thread

No - no overruling rules that got overruled going on

less than 40 staff = not reading everything

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Lubuntu - One Stop Thread is NOT dead yet :)

Hello Everyone,

I know I've been away from here for 2 weeks now or maybe more but I'd like to inform you all that I'm BACK to action and a FULL re-structure to Lubuntu One Stop Thread will take place VERY SOON, hopefully

Since I have started this until now, I have had many feedback so far and I'm going to listen to every bit of it and do whatever will take this thread to the next level.

We are re-structuring the Lubuntu Team right now and we are having Sub-Teams. So far, I'm part of Wiki and Doc Team, Communication Team and Support Team. Our job will be more organized but not easier actually. However, it's going to be fun.

If you are interested to improve Lubuntu One Stop Thread, please PM me your suggestion(s) and I'll have a deep look at it.

Let's ALL work hard to keep this thread at its best.

If you are in doubt or confused about the main aim and purpose of this thread, please read the first post carefully or ASK ME!

The simplest trick is: If you do have any issue/question, start your own new thread, period.

Thank you for all those who helped and supported Lubuntu One Stop Thread. Be ready for the NEW LOOK

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: Lubuntu - One Stop Thread is NOT dead yet :)

Welcome Back

Rodney

Beans

Just a wish:

Considering that LXDE (in all variants) especially addresses older hardware wouldn't it be a good idea to have a powerpc version (yes, i know ubuntu abbandoned that platform officially a couple of years ago), as a comunity supported version.

Actually, i've a netbook (Samsung NP 150) running lubuntu and a Powerbook G4 17" running debian wheezy with LXDE (would be nice to have it with lubuntu; i tried something in that direction but it didn't work. lxdm was a no go, on the pb i'm using lightdm as display manager, eg.)

Cheers!

Beans
    Distro

Note!

The very first line on this thread will be a note: http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...&postcount=172

This How To Use Lubuntu One Stop Thread should be MORE visible now to everyone who visits this thread.

I have updated this: http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...&postcount=172 as well.

There is a chance that I convert this thread to a Wiki Page but it's not yet confirmed because I'm not sure whether it's a good idea or not.

Thanks!

Beans
    Distro

HOWTO Run PCManFM from LXTerminal to check what is wrong with it?

PCManFM is the default File Manager in Lubuntu. It happens sometimes that PCManFM crashes or acting crazy so in order to check what is wrong and track the issue, you need, just like we used to do with other application, to open it from the terminal and see what is the output will be. However, running PCManFM from LXTerminal is not straightforward so this is how to do this.

PCManFM runs as a daemon and manages your desktop, so when you run it from a terminal it will simply open the PCManFM file manager window instead of starting a new session. You will need to 'killall pcmanfm'
    and then run 'pcmanfm --desktop --profile=lubuntu'
    To do the above:

1- Menu > Accessories > LXTerminal

2- Run this command:
    Code:
    killall pcmanfm
    If you have icons on your Desktop, these will be gone when you kill PCManFM so don't panic, you'll see them again

3- Run this command:
    Code:
    pcmanfm --desktop --profile=lubuntu
    Keep LXTerminal on, don't close it.

4- Now, do whatever you used to do. If there is something wrong, LXTerminal will show everything.

5- To report bugs for PCManFM: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?grou...56&atid=801864

OR

You can click on "Report Problem" when PCManFM crashes and you see the crash report (Application Problem).

Hope that will help

Thanks!

Beans
    Distro

Attention please!

For those who had subscribed previously to Lubuntu Mailing List, PLEASE READ THIS!

Hi,

It's official, we have a new mailing list

lubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

If you want to continue to follow the lubuntu discussions, please subscribe to this new mailing list (See https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/lubuntu-users ).

The lubuntu-desktop mailing should not be used now for new discussions, and the team will be close soon.

Thanks for your attention

Regards,
    Julien Lavergne

More info: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/SubTeams

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Re: Attention please!

Just posting to say thank you. Very informative thread after making the jump to Lubuntu yesterday. Keep up the good work.
    Lubuntu 11.10

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

I love Lubuntu, it's brought me back to Ubuntu having tried the likes of Ubuntu/Slitaz/Tinycore on my older hardware.

The only real issue I have is with the pcman/desktop instability. I've had 2 desktop crashes that needed a reboot to resolve this evening.

Will the Lubuntu team be looking for a more stable desktop going forward?

thanks

John

Beans

Something interesting I've noticed with Lubuntu/LXDE on my computer is that it runs a few degrees warmer than other desktops like Xfce. I'm wondering if this is because it is running faster and the cpu is getting warmer because of it?
    KBD47
    My Review Of The LXDE Desktop
    http://kbd-thinkingoutloud.blogspot....op-shines.html

Page 41 of 52 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast