Page 21 of 52 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Lubuntu - One Stop Thread

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu Development Release

Re: Lubuntu - One Stop Thread

The reason they're ghosts is that when you delete them, they just reappear in trash. Like taking something out of the rubbish bin and throwing it in again.

Beans

Just posted in the "Desktop Environments" forum:

Screen issues in 11.10 Lubuntu

(Link posted following the "One Stop Thread" instructions in post #1.)

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Quote Originally Posted by dajare View Post
    Just posted in the "Desktop Environments" forum:

Screen issues in 11.10 Lubuntu

(Link posted following the "One Stop Thread" instructions in post #1.)
    Checking it ...

THANKS a million for following the instructions on post #1

Beans
    Distro

OMG, did anyone notice that this thread was mentioned on this article:

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2011/11/f...#disqus_thread

HOOHAA

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 19.10 Eoan Ermine

The Lubuntu web site

I noticed that the old www.lubuntu.net web site is up again. I am trying to say 'congratulations', but I can't.

This is not written in order to be rude, but to help Lubuntu: Sorry friends, the web site is missing the target. It does not help a beginner to take the first step into the Lubuntu world.

In a nutshell: A web site should be 'to me' and not 'from you'. The difference is huge, and it takes some time to grasp the full consequences of this.

I have a long experience in building web sites which fail due to language, layout, expectations to the visitor and lack of systematic testing. Now I believe that I have some background for helping people to avoid the worst mistakes.

It seems like this thread is turning into a general meeting place for Lubuntu, not only a list of solved problems, so I guess it is the place to post. Besides, I have been searching high and low on www.lubuntu.net without finding any web site team to contact.

So: If anyone reading this can set me in touch with people building the Lubuntu site please do so. I am willing to put some effort into getting a better web site.
    Bringing old hardware back to life. About problems due to upgrading.
    Please visit Quick Links -> Unanswered Posts.
    Don't use this space for a list of your hardware. It only creates false hits in the search engines.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by mrgs View Post
    The Lubuntu web site

I noticed that the old www.lubuntu.net web site is up again. I am trying to say 'congratulations', but I can't.

This is not written in order to be rude, but to help Lubuntu: Sorry friends, the web site is missing the target. It does not help a beginner to take the first step into the Lubuntu world.

In a nutshell: A web site should be 'to me' and not 'from you'. The difference is huge, and it takes some time to grasp the full consequences of this.

I have a long experience in building web sites which fail due to language, layout, expectations to the visitor and lack of systematic testing. Now I believe that I have some background for helping people to avoid the worst mistakes.

It seems like this thread is turning into a general meeting place for Lubuntu, not only a list of solved problems, so I guess it is the place to post. Besides, I have been searching high and low on www.lubuntu.net without finding any web site team to contact.

So: If anyone reading this can set me in touch with people building the Lubuntu site please do so. I am willing to put some effort into getting a better web site.
    Done my friend.
    I sent your post via mailing list and I hope we get some reply

THANK YOU so much for your offer, it means a lot indeed!

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

@rojaasensei:

I would try installing autotrash from synaptic package manager in Synaptic if you keep having problems with your trash system.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Gaygerbil View Post
    Amazing thread we can keep all the Lubuntu people and stuff organized in one thread, I'll add some tips and things I've learned from using Openbox, PcManFM and LXDE over here. They also made some quick tips over here for Lubuntu noobs if you want to put this at the front page:

OmgUbuntu!
    Hi there,

Thank you so much for your nice words, I really appreciate that

This thread has been made to save users time and efforts. We all know that searching for something could take longer that what one may expect.

I'm ready to work with you and any one else to make this thread even better. Actually, this is just the beginning and my plans have no limits. LOST (Lubuntu One Stop Thread) is the first step in 1000 miles journey

Thanks for posting that link. I didn't realize that LOST is there

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu Development Release

@morgaes & amjjawad-as with all contributions, I willingly give support, I can do typos and feedback and things like that if you can get this to go ahead.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 19.10 Eoan Ermine

Thanks! We will need that when we get a little further into the project.
    Bringing old hardware back to life. About problems due to upgrading.
    Please visit Quick Links -> Unanswered Posts.
    Don't use this space for a list of your hardware. It only creates false hits in the search engines.

Page 21 of 52 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast