Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: "NU Ubuntu Team"Northeastern United States(ME,NH,VT,MA,RI,CT,NY,NJ,PA,DE,MD,DC,VA,WV)

Beans

"NU Ubuntu Team"Northeastern United States(ME,NH,VT,MA,RI,CT,NY,NJ,PA,DE,MD,DC,VA,WV)

This team will be called the:

NU Ubuntu Team

( Northeastern United States Ubuntu Team )

Looking for Ubuntu/Kubuntu/Edubuntu/Xubuntu users(and any related derivatives) of this region of the USA.

The Northeastern United States is a region of the United States defined by the U.S. Census Bureau. The Northeast is bordered to the north by Canada, to the west by the Midwest, to the south by the South, and to the east by the Atlantic Ocean.

As defined by the Census Bureau, the Northeast region of the United States covers nine states: Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New Hampshire, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, and Vermont. Some unofficial classifications of the region add Maryland, Delaware, District of Columbia, Virginia, and West Virginia. We will include all 13 states listed above and the District of Columbia in our local team

It is important that this local team be aligned with the US Census Bureau definition of the Northeastern United States & include Maryland, Delaware, & the District of Columbia so we can easily do demographic research of Ubuntu/Kubuntu/Edubuntu/Xubuntu users easily and give us a more viable cohesive voice and community spirit.

The networking of this region is important to help in overall marketing and support in this region of the USA. while the land area is overall small compared to the rest of the USA our overall impact in our region and networking of our great cities and states will help Ubuntu tremendously.

*This regional team is modeled after the
    Pacific Northwest Loco Team
    https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PNWTeam

we will strive to instill Ubuntu community unity in the Northeastern region of the United States like the Pacific Northwest region is striving for.

below are maps of the Northeastern United States Region(in solid red and red striped; except Virgina & West Virginia):

Please read the current code of conduct for Ubuntu teams below:
    Ubuntu Code of Conduct - 1.0

This is the current version of this code of conduct

https://launchpad.net/codeofconduct/1.0

Please PM me directly if you would like to join this exiciting " NU Ubuntu Team ", or just reply below.

Last edited by RAV TUX; October 11th, 2006 at 03:28 PM.

Beans

Lightbulb Re: Starting new Local Community Team; Northeastern United States, please sign up her

Here is a short list of goals as a regional Ubuntu team we will strive to achieve:

1. Educate the public about Ubuntu

2. Supply Ubuntu (CDs & CD images) to the general public

3. Support Ubuntu Locally, conduct community classes and symposiums

4. Conduct outreach programs via local schools, colleges community centers and libraries.

5. Spread Ubuntu Linux through out the Northeastern United States.

6. Provide assistance with migrating, installing, configuring and using Ubuntu

7. Promote the Ubuntu Certification

8. Work with other groups to improve peoples computing experience by increasing awareness of GNU + Linux, open source, copyleft software.

9. start a " NU Ubuntu Team " portal as a resource guide and link to the greater Ubuntu community.

10. Start a "NU Ubuntu Foundation" within the USA to collect donations of old Computers, and install Edubuntu/Ubuntu/Kubuntu/Xubuntu for Teachers and Students within the Nu Ubuntu Team region. We will specialize in recycling old MS & apple computers for Teachers, students, elderly and those in need.

11. more goals to come.

Last edited by RAV TUX; May 30th, 2006 at 05:16 AM.

Beans

Re: Starting new Local Community Team; Northeastern United States, please sign up her

Update: the NU Ubuntu Team (Northeastern United States of America Ubuntu Team) will include the following states & DC:

1. Maine

2. New Hampshire

3. Vermont

4. Massachusetts

5. Rhode Island

6. Connecticut

7. New York

8. New Jersey

9. Pennsylvania

10. Delaware

11. Maryland

12. Distrist of Columbia
    Last edited by RAV TUX; May 30th, 2006 at 05:47 AM.

Beans

Re: Starting new Local Community Team; Northeastern United States, please sign up her

There are only three established LoCo teams in this region

The DCTeam

The PNYTeam (Potsdam, NY)

The NewJerseyTeam

would these Team Leaders and team members of these LoCo teams please contact me also. I would like us to join together to have more effective momemtum overall in the greater overall Ubuntu community of The Northeastern United States.

Also if anybody is interesting in forming new teams within the Northeastern United States please consider joining us so we can Unite and achieve effective goals. Team coordination and Unity in this region will be most important in overcoming bug #1 in our great region of the " NU Ubuntu Team ".

Beans

i will help in any way i can.

i have several resources in Maine and Northern New England.

fred_sambo at hotmail dot com.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by FredSambo
    i will help in any way i can.

i have several resources in Maine and Northern New England.

fred_sambo at hotmail dot com.
    Great to have you on as the first team member, the greatest way you can help at this moment is to help us gain new members.

We can pool our resources together and create a dynamic network.

some goals that I have immediatelly is to create a membership of atleast 10 members then we will begin to build our Wiki, IRC channel for online meetings
    for now we can utilize GAIM.

Once we have a qourum we will hold our first meeting an create plans that we can realize immediately.

With the release of Dapper Drake and CD's to be shipped soon we will build on the overall successful momemtum of Ubuntu.

This is very exicitng!

email me directly at:

yozefmazeltov@verizon.net
    Last edited by RAV TUX; May 30th, 2006 at 07:13 AM.

Beans

ok. i can dedicate a bit of time to this.

i have a lot going on but we'll manage...

Beans

Lightbulb Re: Starting new Local Community Team; Northeastern United States, please sign up her

Quote Originally Posted by FredSambo
    ok. i can dedicate a bit of time to this.

i have a lot going on but we'll manage...
    FredSambo would you like to manage the Maine and Northern New England branch of our " NU Ubuntu Team " ?

I will manage the overall team as a team leader and also manage the southern Mid-Atlantic region, DC, MD, DE, PA of our region.

So we are looking for a New York/New Jersey manager and southern New England manager.
    Last edited by RAV TUX; May 30th, 2006 at 07:14 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

I live in upstate NY right by Lake Ontario. Unfortunately my time is already stretched thin between two jobs and three kids, so there is no way I could be a team lead, but I can try my hardest to make time available to help out in some other fashion.
    Edubuntu
    Toshiba 2800 s201 no sound!
    Gateway Solo 1450 no issues
    Ubuntu
    Toshiba 1115 s103 no issues
    3 PCs no issues
    Xubuntu
    Dell Inspiron 4100 no issues
    Thinkpad 600e no issues

Ubuntu Gaming Goodness

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

Re: Starting new Local Community Team; Northeastern United States, please sign up here...

i don't know how much time i'll have, as riko said "work, kids, etc." but i'll try to help. i'm in northeast pennsylvania.
    Registered Linux User 348393

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast