Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: "NU Ubuntu Team"Northeastern United States(ME,NH,VT,MA,RI,CT,NY,NJ,PA,DE,MD,DC,VA,WV)

Beans

Lightbulb Re: Starting new Local Community Team; Northeastern United States, please sign up her

Quote Originally Posted by FredSambo
    FredSambo that is just what I was looking for, Thanks.

FredSambo and all NU Ubuntu Team Members I need help in setting up the Nu Ubuntu Team, Launchpad site and community Wiki.

the wiki layout I modeled after the Australian LoCo Team's layout but I need help in setting it up I invite all Team members to review and edit it, same for the Launchpad site.

Like everyone here I am busy too, but if we all chip in we can make it polished.

I put or team up for approval from the community council but I need to figure out when it is and I need as many team members as possible to show up to show we have an actual team following.

here are the links:

"NU Ubuntu Team" Wiki
    https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NUUbuntuTeam

"NU Ubuntu Team" Launchpad
    https://launchpad.net/people/nuubuntuteam

Community Council Agenda Page:
    https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CommunityCouncilAgenda#preview

LoCO Team list:
    https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoTeamList#preview
    Last edited by RAV TUX; June 2nd, 2006 at 11:55 PM.

Beans

Exclamation Re: Starting new Local Community Team; Northeastern United States, please sign up her

I have recieved a few e-mails for a new member that wants to join but I have been having a hard time locating this launchpad member with the member search I know his name and email but not his launchpad account name or URL.

Am I doing something wrong here or is there another way to find this members page; I have been utilizing the member search to add a member and this usually works for most members. (and yes I have emailed him back to send me a link to his launchpad account)

refer to the image below:

Last edited by RAV TUX; June 24th, 2006 at 04:18 AM.

Beans

Lightbulb Re: NU Ubuntu Team (Northeastern USA Ubuntu LoCo Team)

Quote Originally Posted by yozef
    I have recieved a few e-mails for a new member that wants to join but I have been having a hard time locating this launchpad member with the member search I know his name and email but not his launchpad account name or URL.

Am I doing something wrong here or is there another way to find this members page; I have been utilizing the member search to add a member and this usually works for most members. (and yes I have emailed him back to send me a link to his launchpad account)

refer to the image below:

Just to update: a solution was found and this is the most updated list of NU Ubuntu Team Members:

(please welcome zeusX64.)

Team members

There are 12 direct members of the "NU Ubuntu Team" team, and 12 people are members in total, directly and indirectly through other team memberships.Currently we are focusing on distributing Ubuntu to the Northeastern United States of America.

This weekend my wife and I are going to Cape Cod, next week after I get back I hope to inspire dialog with the current members, on how we can be most effective.

I do hope everyone has had a safe and happy 4th of July.

jozef

PS. I am so happy that we are able to create a Ubuntu Local Community Team that will make a positive difference in our region of the world. I look forward to working with everybody and meeting everyone.
    Last edited by RAV TUX; July 5th, 2006 at 06:00 AM.

Beans

Re: Starting new Local Community Team; Northeastern United States, please sign up here...

I'm limited in participation time, but I'd be happy to be a member.

Beans

Re: Starting new Local Community Team; Northeastern United States, please sign up her

Quote Originally Posted by facefur
    I'm limited in participation time, but I'd be happy to be a member.
    I would be glad to add you as member but I did a search for your launchpad account and couldn't find you, if you could post a link that would be great, or if you don't have an account open one up, then post the link.

jozef

Beans

Smile Re: Starting new Local Community Team; Northeastern United States, please sign up her

I would like to welcome Mike Gray to the team:

here is an upadated list of NU Ubuntu Team members:

Members of “NU Ubuntu Team”

Active members

Name Member since Status

Eddie M. 2006-06-20 – Approved
    Greg Miller 2006-06-02 – Approved
    KingBilly 2006-06-01 – Approved
    MichaelGray 2006-07-06 – Approved
    Ryan Hurley 2006-06-01 – Approved
    Sal 2006-06-01 – Approved
    fredsambo 2006-06-01 – Approved
    jozef 2006-05-31 – Administrator
    neoflight 2006-06-01 – Approved
    peppemarinelli 2006-06-01 – Approved
    rikostan 2006-06-01 – Approved
    skinnygmg 2006-06-01 – Approved
    zeusX64 2006-06-26 – Approved

PS: Facefur I still need your launchpad username or a link to your launchpad account.

Beans

Re: Starting new Local Community Team; Northeastern United States, please sign up her

I have been installing Ubuntu at Non-Profit organizations in Portland, Maine for a while now. I am currently working on a local Free Software education project involving Ubuntu. I have gathered several folks from the University of Southern Maine who are interested in helping out and the project is in the very beginning stages.

Is anyone in the area interested in learning more?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Starting new Local Community Team; Northeastern United States, please sign up here...

Sure, I'm in... but I'm a newby. I've been running 6.06 for about two weeks now, with varying degrees of success and failure. Overall, I'm excited about Ubuntu and will continue to run it as my primary OS until I have reason to do otherwise. I like Linux as well and the CLI; very useful for getting out of jams.

Beans
    Hidden!

Ah, come on jozef, how can you leave out Virginia? You practically live there!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Hi

I just joined the team on launchpad, and I'll be happy to help with w/e.

EDIT: any progress on goals? mind if I start filling in the empty wiki page with info from this thread?
    Last edited by GameManK; September 21st, 2006 at 08:31 PM.
    (Intel Core i7 860, 2x2GB, Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3L, Radeon HD 4550, Audigy2 ZS Platinum, Sonata) + Asus V6J + Lenovo IdeaPad U330
    YOU can make Kubuntu Lucid a solid distro | My Blog

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast