Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: "NU Ubuntu Team"Northeastern United States(ME,NH,VT,MA,RI,CT,NY,NJ,PA,DE,MD,DC,VA,WV)

Beans

Re: Starting new Local Community Team; Northeastern United States, please sign up her

Quote Originally Posted by yozef
    OK I have some very exciting and official news for our "NU Ubuntu Team"
    (Northeastern United States of America Ubuntu local community team)

We have met or first goal in 1 day we have reached an official quorum of 10.

We have set some distribution goals for ourselves.

We have found and assigned "NU Ubuntu Team" Metro and regional managers.

here is a list of our current members:

1. yozef...................Silver Spring, Maryland (DC Metro area)............"NU Ubuntu Team" Leader; Manager of southern Mid-Atlantic region (DC, MD, DE, PA).

2. FredSambo.........Portland, Maine(Northern New England).........."NU Ubuntu Team" Manager of Maine & Northern New England area(Northern New England area to be defined by FredSambo)

3. Rikostan..............Upstate NY................................................ ................Distinguished "NU Ubuntu Team" member.

4. skinnygmg...........Northeast Pemmsylvania....................................Di stinguished "NU Ubuntu Team" member.

5. mjezell..................Reading, PA (Philly Metro area)..........................Distinguished "NU Ubuntu Team" member.(possible Philadelphia Metro area "NU Ubuntu Team" manager to be decided by mjezell)

6. Skye.......................Arlington, Massachusetts(Boston Metro area).....................................Distingu ished "NU Ubuntu Team" member. (possible Boston Metro area Manager to be decided by Skye)

7. alphaomega.........Baltimore, Maryland.......................................... ......Distinguished "NU Ubuntu Team" member. (possible Baltimore Metro area Manager to be decided by alphaomega)

8. kingbilly..................Allentown, Pennsylvania.........................Distinguished "NU Ubuntu Team" member.

9. neoflight.................Central PA/ Penn State University ........................Distinguished "NU Ubuntu Team" member.(possible Penn State University Team Manager & College/University manager also to be decided by neoflight)

10. sal............................New York City.............................................. .............Distinguished "NU Ubuntu Team" member. (possible New York City "NU Ubuntu Team" manager (& New York state & New Jersey) to be decided by sal)
    PLEASE NOTE: sal is setting up a New York City team so if you live in New York City PM sal directly

I would like to set up some new goals for the team and ask for some help here.

As an effective team we need to have effective means of communication between our team members:

1. here in the Ubuntu Forum (I think we should also add each other to our buddy list)

2. which is the best means of conducting our online meetings? IRC, GAIM, on the Chat of our NU Ubuntu Team member map? please let me know which you think is best?

Also I would like to develope a unique team logo, like the Australian local team has done, please submit your ideas here.

I also need help in setting up our Launchpad and wiki, if anybody can help me with the development of this please PM me. I have started the Launchpad site but it is very rough.

We are going to have a great time with this and I am very exciting and look forward to working with everybody here in the "NU Ubuntu Team".
    I officially added the above members to the NU Ubuntu Team launchpad member list. (with the exception of two, who for some reason I wasn't able to add: mjezell & kingbilly. I not sure why but when I did a search nothing came up. I'm not sure but you may need to set up a launchpad account so I can add you to the list)

(also peppemarinelli=alphaomega)

Take a look at the "NU Ubuntu Team" launchpad account also, it is very rough I set it up in a bit of a hurry the other night. I'll fix it up later.

Here is the member list.

https://launchpad.net/people/nuubuntuteam/+members

Last edited by RAV TUX; June 1st, 2006 at 03:33 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Starting new Local Community Team; Northeastern United States, please sign up her

i resigned up to launchpad so hopefully you can add me

Beans

northern new england is maine, new hampshire and vermont.

i have a CD duplication machine, if that helps at all.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by kingbilly
    i resigned up to launchpad so hopefully you can add me
    Kingbilly it worked, you have been added.

Thanks.

great, now we just need mjezell to do the same.

Last edited by RAV TUX; June 2nd, 2006 at 01:34 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by FredSambo
    northern new england is maine, new hampshire and vermont.

i have a CD duplication machine, if that helps at all.
    FredSambo thanks for the clarification, that is what I thought, just wanted to be sure.

So you are in charge of some of the most beautiful part of the country: Northern New England.

Ok I hope everybody here has plotted themselves on the NU Ubnutu Team Member Map.

Actually only half of us have put ourselves on the map, I know these are busy times with the new release.

I look forward to seeing us all plotted.
    http://www.frappr.com/nuubuntuteammembermap

Fredsambo the CD duplication will come in handy for my next idea; we should all utilize the shipit idea to obtain CD's but it will be nice to know we have one member who has a CD duplication machine and another member who works for a label making company & all our members who can distribute, some have posted distribution goals.

I am going to start a new frapper map for all Ubuntu members who distribute to post places of business where Ubuntu will be distributed from. I have a CD distribution set where I work in Washington DC, I work as an optician and the front of the store we have a place for people to wait for the Doctor on the table I have Ubuntu CD's. It is nice because I can casually talk with customers about computers and they are overjoyed to walk out with free Ubuntu CD's.

So for all members a challenge start thinking about where Ubuntu can be distributed: I am also going to talk with some owners of local coffe shops. This may be a great place for all members to think about, some place you go in regularly and can make sure they have plenty of copies.

EDIT: frapper maps for ditribution isn't exactely what I was thinking of on a global scale but for our group we can plot business locations where we will distribute Ubuntu.
    Last edited by RAV TUX; June 2nd, 2006 at 02:15 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I'll volunteer to be the Boston Metro coordinator.

Also, my launchpad/wiki name isn't "Skye", It's Ryan Hurley. I already had the launchpad account in order to help track bugs while Dapper was still in testing.

As to communication, I think a wiki page/launchpad page would be best to post long-term goals, meeting dates, etc. For informal person-to-person communications, Gaim would probably be the best (at least for me.)

I'm TotaLackOfSanity on AIM, and spitty AT gmail DOT com on MSN.

As to artwork... my artwork has been compared to that of an epelliptic 3 year old in the middle of a seizure, so I'm afriad I can't help in that department.

I think that's everything...?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Skye
    I'll volunteer to be the Boston Metro coordinator.

Also, my launchpad/wiki name isn't "Skye", It's Ryan Hurley. I already had the launchpad account in order to help track bugs while Dapper was still in testing.

As to communication, I think a wiki page/launchpad page would be best to post long-term goals, meeting dates, etc. For informal person-to-person communications, Gaim would probably be the best (at least for me.)

I'm TotaLackOfSanity on AIM, and spitty AT gmail DOT com on MSN.

As to artwork... my artwork has been compared to that of an epelliptic 3 year old in the middle of a seizure, so I'm afriad I can't help in that department.

I think that's everything...?
    also for me I am Jozef on launchpad, instead of yozef.

Skye thanks! you will be are official Boston Metro area coordinator!

I agree the launchpad page will be the best place to post longterm goals.

I am in the process of adding everybody here to my forum buddy list, don't forget to do the same.
    Last edited by RAV TUX; June 2nd, 2006 at 02:47 AM.

Beans

OK take a look at the NU Ubuntu Team Member Map, I have posted a distribution site for free Ubuntu CD's in Washington DC.

You can do the same in your area, either place of business(your work or local coffee shop), library, School or University, etc.

Please think about where you can distribute Ubuntu CD's and set the place on the map.

cheers, Jozef

Beans

So you are in charge of some of the most beautiful part of the country: Northern New England.
    thanks for saying so.

visitors are welcome!

Beans

Fredsambo the CD duplication will come in handy for my next idea; we should all utilize the shipit idea to obtain CD's but it will be nice to know we have one member who has a CD duplication machine and another member who works for a label making company & all our members who can distribute, some have posted distribution goals.
    i have a duplicator but i do not have the ability to print/paint on the disks, so maybe stickers would work?
    Last edited by FredSambo; June 2nd, 2006 at 04:53 AM.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast