Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: "NU Ubuntu Team"Northeastern United States(ME,NH,VT,MA,RI,CT,NY,NJ,PA,DE,MD,DC,VA,WV)

Beans

Re: Starting new Local Community Team; Northeastern United States, please sign up her

Quote Originally Posted by Skye
    I've spoken to Yozef via PM, and I've decided I want to join up as well. I live outside Boston, Massachusetts (in Arlington, for those of your familiar with the area) and I'm really looking forward to participating in this group!

In terms of goals, I'm going to try to distribute 50 Ubuntu CDs: (once we can order them from shipit) 34 PC, and 8 each of the Mac and 64 bit flavors.
    I would like to officially welcome or latest two members who have joined by PM'ing me.

Skye I know that your overall positive outlook will overall create a catalyst that will motivate this "NU Ubuntu Team".

I look forward to working together to spread Ubuntu to our area together.

Also I would like welcome alphaomega form Baltimore, Maryland...again my excitement is overall overwhelming to have two great new members join almost at the same time .

alphaomega I look forward to all the positive productive marketing that you will bring to the "NU Ubuntu Team".

Skye & alphaomega you are the latest distinguished "NU Ubuntu Team" members.

Welcome! I am honored by both of you!

Yozef

Here is our new UPDATE,....7 members only 3 away from our initial goal of a 10 member qourum! Simply Awesome!

yozef...................Silver Spring, Maryland (DC Metro area)............"NU Ubuntu Team" Leader; Manager of southern Mid-Atlantic region (DC, MD, DE, PA).

FredSambo.........Portland, Maine(Northern New England).........."NU Ubuntu Team" Manager of Maine & Northern New England area(Northern New England area to be defined by FredSambo)

Rikostan..............Upstate NY................................................ ................Distinguished "NU Ubuntu Team" member.

skinnygmg...........Northeast Pemmsylvania....................................Di stinguished "NU Ubuntu Team" member.

mjezell..................Reading, PA (Philly Metro area)..........................Distinguished "NU Ubuntu Team" member.(possible Philadelphia Metro area "NU Ubuntu Team" manager to be decided by mjezell)

Skye.......................Arlington, Massachusetts(Boston Metro area).....................................Distingu ished "NU Ubuntu Team" member.

alphaomega.........Baltimore, Maryland.......................................... ......Distinguished "NU Ubuntu Team" member.

I would like to send a official invitation to Skye & alphaomega: if you would like to be our Boston Metro area Manager and Baltimore Metro area Manager respectively, please post here or PM me.

Again I am honored by all our "NU Ubuntu Team" members!
    Last edited by RAV TUX; May 31st, 2006 at 03:31 AM.

Beans

Re: Starting new Local Community Team; Northeastern United States, please sign up her

for all "NU Ubuntu Team" Members add your self to our new team map:

(http://www.frappr.com/nuubuntuteammembermap)

Last edited by RAV TUX; May 31st, 2006 at 04:28 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Greetings.
    I would like to join the team. I'm located in Allentown, Pa. There are two other people from the area I could get to join the team, with one who is also near the Philly area. Look foward to working with you all.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by kingbilly
    Greetings.
    I would like to join the team. I'm located in Allentown, Pa. There are two other people from the area I could get to join the team, with one who is also near the Philly area. Look foward to working with you all.
    kingbilly I welcome you with open arms to our "NU Ubuntu Team" you are our 8th official member!

I have been working on setting up our team wiki and launchpad account.

I am very excited that we will make a big difference for Ubuntu in our little part of the world.

Please have any new members who would like to join confirm in this thread until I get the Wiki up and running.

You are our "NU Ubuntu Team's" newest distinguished member, it is an honor to have you as a member.

Yozef

Update:
    Here is our new UPDATE,....8 members only 2 away from our initial goal of a 10 member qourum! Simply Awesome!

yozef...................Silver Spring, Maryland (DC Metro area)............"NU Ubuntu Team" Leader; Manager of southern Mid-Atlantic region (DC, MD, DE, PA).

FredSambo.........Portland, Maine(Northern New England).........."NU Ubuntu Team" Manager of Maine & Northern New England area(Northern New England area to be defined by FredSambo)

Rikostan..............Upstate NY................................................ ................Distinguished "NU Ubuntu Team" member.

skinnygmg...........Northeast Pennsylvania....................................Di stinguished "NU Ubuntu Team" member.

mjezell..................Reading, PA (Philly Metro area)..........................Distinguished "NU Ubuntu Team" member.(possible Philadelphia Metro area "NU Ubuntu Team" manager to be decided by mjezell)

Skye.......................Arlington, Massachusetts(Boston Metro area).....................................Distingu ished "NU Ubuntu Team" member.

alphaomega.........Baltimore, Maryland.......................................... ......Distinguished "NU Ubuntu Team" member.

kingbilly..................Allentown, Pennsylvania.........................Distinguished "NU Ubuntu Team" member.

Welcome to the NU Ubuntu Team! we will unite, motivate and actualize.
    Last edited by RAV TUX; May 31st, 2006 at 06:25 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by yozef
    for all "NU Ubuntu Team" Members add your self to our new team map:

(http://www.frappr.com/nuubuntuteammembermap)

New Members don't forget to add yourself to our "NU Ubuntu Team" map.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

The area I live in is very, very rural in nature, so my distribution goals will be pretty low. 25 Regular CDs, 5 PPC CDs, and 1 64 bit CD.
    I have already given out 5 of the regular and 5 of the PPC CDs to co-workers and friends.

On a related note, I work for a label making company.
    Last week I got a quote on stickers and magnets. I am going to get some prototypes done and if they are suitable, I'll send a stack of each to all of the team leaders.
    Edubuntu
    Toshiba 2800 s201 no sound!
    Gateway Solo 1450 no issues
    Ubuntu
    Toshiba 1115 s103 no issues
    3 PCs no issues
    Xubuntu
    Dell Inspiron 4100 no issues
    Thinkpad 600e no issues

Ubuntu Gaming Goodness

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Central PA.... Penn State University ....lots of possibilities... ... I could help as much as I can...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Rikostan
    The area I live in is very, very rural in nature, so my distribution goals will be pretty low. 25 Regular CDs, 5 PPC CDs, and 1 64 bit CD.
    I have already given out 5 of the regular and 5 of the PPC CDs to co-workers and friends.

On a related note, I work for a label making company.
    Last week I got a quote on stickers and magnets. I am going to get some prototypes done and if they are suitable, I'll send a stack of each to all of the team leaders.
    Rikostan do you have a link or photo to what your stickers & magnets look like, I am sure they are cool and I look forward to seeing them.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by neoflight
    Central PA.... Penn State University ....lots of possibilities... ... I could help as much as I can...
    neoflight I officially welcome you to our "NU Ubuntu Team". The possibilities are endless for you and I would like you to be our Penn State University Team Manager, (and I want you to consider about being the "NU Ubuntu Team" College/University manager also).

let me know ok.

and again welcome to our grand local community team, we look forward to all the positive and exciting things you have to bring.

Your are a Distinguished "NU Ubuntu Team" member and Team manager if you choose.

Yozef

Beans

OK I have some very exciting and official news for our "NU Ubuntu Team"
    (Northeastern United States of America Ubuntu local community team)

We have met or first goal in 1 day we have reached an official quorum of 10.

We have set some distribution goals for ourselves.

We have found and assigned "NU Ubuntu Team" Metro and regional managers.

here is a list of our current members:

1. yozef...................Silver Spring, Maryland (DC Metro area)............"NU Ubuntu Team" Leader; Manager of southern Mid-Atlantic region (DC, MD, DE, PA).

2. FredSambo.........Portland, Maine(Northern New England).........."NU Ubuntu Team" Manager of Maine & Northern New England area(Northern New England area to be defined by FredSambo)

3. Rikostan..............Upstate NY................................................ ................Distinguished "NU Ubuntu Team" member.

4. skinnygmg...........Northeast Pemmsylvania....................................Di stinguished "NU Ubuntu Team" member.

5. mjezell..................Reading, PA (Philly Metro area)..........................Distinguished "NU Ubuntu Team" member.(possible Philadelphia Metro area "NU Ubuntu Team" manager to be decided by mjezell)

6. Skye.......................Arlington, Massachusetts(Boston Metro area).....................................Distingu ished "NU Ubuntu Team" member. (possible Boston Metro area Manager to be decided by Skye)

7. alphaomega.........Baltimore, Maryland.......................................... ......Distinguished "NU Ubuntu Team" member. (possible Baltimore Metro area Manager to be decided by alphaomega)

8. kingbilly..................Allentown, Pennsylvania.........................Distinguished "NU Ubuntu Team" member.

9. neoflight.................Central PA/ Penn State University ........................Distinguished "NU Ubuntu Team" member.(possible Penn State University Team Manager & College/University manager also to be decided by neoflight)

10. sal............................New York City.............................................. .............Distinguished "NU Ubuntu Team" member. (possible New York City "NU Ubuntu Team" manager (& New York state & New Jersey) to be decided by sal)
    PLEASE NOTE: sal is setting up a New York City team so if you live in New York City PM sal directly

I would like to set up some new goals for the team and ask for some help here.

As an effective team we need to have effective means of communication between our team members:

1. here in the Ubuntu Forum (I think we should also add each other to our buddy list)

2. which is the best means of conducting our online meetings? IRC, GAIM, on the Chat of our NU Ubuntu Team member map? please let me know which you think is best?

Also I would like to develope a unique team logo, like the Australian local team has done, please submit your ideas here.

I also need help in setting up our Launchpad and wiki, if anybody can help me with the development of this please PM me. I have started the Launchpad site but it is very rough.

We are going to have a great time with this and I am very exciting and look forward to working with everybody here in the "NU Ubuntu Team".
    Last edited by RAV TUX; June 1st, 2006 at 02:45 AM.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast