Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: "NU Ubuntu Team"Northeastern United States(ME,NH,VT,MA,RI,CT,NY,NJ,PA,DE,MD,DC,VA,WV)

Beans

Re: Starting new Local Community Team; Northeastern United States, please sign up here...

FredSambo would you like to manage the Maine and Northern New England branch of our " NU Ubuntu Team " ?
    sure!

w00t

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Starting new Local Community Team; Northeastern United States, please sign up her

Hi,

I'm insterested in the new Northeastern community you are starting. I live in the greater Philly area in PA. Please inform what steps need to be taken to join.

Thanks,
    mjezell

Beans

Re: Starting new Local Community Team; Northeastern United States, please sign up her

Quote Originally Posted by FredSambo
    sure!

w00t
    FredSambo your commitment is great!

you will be the "NU Ubuntu Team" Manager of Maine & Northern New England area.

please define your region of "Northern New ENgland" for clarification.

Your excitement is welcomed and we will celebrate in your motivation.

Yozef

Last edited by RAV TUX; May 30th, 2006 at 11:55 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Rikostan
    I live in upstate NY right by Lake Ontario. Unfortunately my time is already stretched thin between two jobs and three kids, so there is no way I could be a team lead, but I can try my hardest to make time available to help out in some other fashion.
    Rikostan welcome aboard we will need your help in many ways that will not distarct from your job or family time. I will post goals for us shortly.

Welcome to the group you are a Distinguished "NU Ubuntu Team" member.

I am so glad you joined our New group.

Yozef

Last edited by RAV TUX; May 31st, 2006 at 01:23 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by skinnygmg
    i don't know how much time i'll have, as riko said "work, kids, etc." but i'll try to help. i'm in northeast pennsylvania.

skinnygmg this is completely awesome and we are so glad to have you as a team member. You will be an asset to the group overall and will help us greatly as all our members will in achieving our goals.

You are a Distinguished "NU Ubuntu Team" member.

welcome!

Yozef

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mjezell
    Hi,

I'm insterested in the new Northeastern community you are starting. I live in the greater Philly area in PA. Please inform what steps need to be taken to join.

Thanks,
    mjezell
    mjezel I am so overjoyed to here that you want to help Ubuntu in the "NU Ubuntu Team" (Northeastern United States of America Ubuntu Local Community Team)

Your reply here has confirmed you as a member. There will be a more formal process once I set the "NU Ubuntu Team" wiki up.

Welcome! you are a Distinguished "NU Ubuntu Team" member.

If you would like to Manage the Philadelphia Metro area of the "NU Ubuntu Team" please let me know.

Yozef

Last edited by RAV TUX; May 31st, 2006 at 02:45 AM.

Beans

UPDATE:

congratulations are in order we are half way to our first humble goal of having a quorum of10 members:

here is our team member list thus far:

1. yozef...................Silver Spring, Maryland (DC Metro area)............."NU Ubuntu Team" Leader; Manager of southern Mid-Atlantic region (DC, MD, DE, PA).

2. FredSambo.........Portland, Maine(Northern New England)............."NU Ubuntu Team" Manager of Maine & Northern New England area(Northern New England area to be defined by FredSambo)

3. Rikostan..............Upstate NY................................................ .........Distinguished "NU Ubuntu Team" member.

4. skinnygmg...........Northeast Pennsylvania...................................Dis tinguished "NU Ubuntu Team" member.

5. mjezell..................Reading, PA (Philly Metro area).........................Distinguished "NU Ubuntu Team" member.(possible Philadelphia Metro area "NU Ubuntu Team" manager to be decided by mjezell)

very exciting our first goal is almost acheived, we are half way there.
    Last edited by RAV TUX; May 31st, 2006 at 12:26 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

yozef.. as you said a few times up above, your enthusiasm is greatly appreciated! It takes a very motivated and enthusiastic individual to organize something like this. I like what I see so far!
    Edubuntu
    Toshiba 2800 s201 no sound!
    Gateway Solo 1450 no issues
    Ubuntu
    Toshiba 1115 s103 no issues
    3 PCs no issues
    Xubuntu
    Dell Inspiron 4100 no issues
    Thinkpad 600e no issues

Ubuntu Gaming Goodness

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Rikostan
    yozef.. as you said a few times up above, your enthusiasm is greatly appreciated! It takes a very motivated and enthusiastic individual to organize something like this. I like what I see so far!
    Thank you very much Rikostan.

My primary goal is to unite, motivate and actualize.

I would like to focus on goals I have set in my prior post I'll start with a short term goal then expand on a long term goal later.:

goal #2. Supply Ubuntu (CDs & CD images) to the general public

This is something that each member of the "NU Ubuntu Team" can set for themselves now. As a commitment to acheive this goal set a realistic distribution goal for yourself and how you plan to acheive this.

I'll start with my goal:

*I plan to distribute 100 Ubuntu Dapper Drake CD's 60 PC, 20 64bit, 20 Mac.(I will order this amount once regular distribution resumes)

*I will distribute several ways:

1. through my work
    2. through my social network
    3. through family
    4. through the student unions at my wifes university

*I will refer all people I distribute to, to go directly to the Ubuntu Forum if they need help.

My challenge to all "NU Ubuntu Team" members(as well as all Ubuntu users) is to set a distribution goal for yourself and post your goal and your progress here.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I've spoken to Yozef via PM, and I've decided I want to join up as well. I live outside Boston, Massachusetts (in Arlington, for those of your familiar with the area) and I'm really looking forward to participating in this group!

In terms of goals, I'm going to try to distribute 50 Ubuntu CDs: (once we can order them from shipit) 34 PC, and 8 each of the Mac and 64 bit flavors.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast