Thread: Problem with XVidcap and audio

Beans

Problem with XVidcap and audio

Hi

I installed xvidcap to capture screen but with no audio. Already done lots of browsing for this but no luck. Is there any other good quality software available to record screen with sound from mic?

Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Problem with XVidcap and audio

Try either gtk-recordmydesktop or my personal favourite, Kazam Screencaster, The latter you will need to add the ppa to install.
    Dell Inspiron 1764 Laptop, Intel CoreTM i5 520M), 4GB Shared Dual Channel DDR3 at 1066MHz, 512MB ATI Mobility RadeonTM HD4330 Integrated Intel HD.

Beans

Thanks for suggestion, but it's not working. ppa for kazam is not available (not sure) for 11.04.
    Anyways, I am now using Ubuntu inside virtual box in windows. Windows has some good quality tools to use

Thanks anyways

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Oh...well you didn't mention the distro but still the first suggestion should be available for Natty?? Good Luck....................
    Dell Inspiron 1764 Laptop, Intel CoreTM i5 520M), 4GB Shared Dual Channel DDR3 at 1066MHz, 512MB ATI Mobility RadeonTM HD4330 Integrated Intel HD.

Beans

Unhappy Re: Problem with XVidcap and audio

Hi

As suggested, I installed recordmydesktop. But the quality of video and sound is very poor. I actually saw many software related tutorials on youtube recorded using ubuntu OS. Please suggest how to get good quality video.

I am also attaching the sample video so that you can analyse what is missing.

Thanks in advance
    Regards
    Attached Files Attached Files