Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: posting this from a pentium m gateway laptop

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

posting this from a pentium m gateway laptop

posting this from a gateway my friend's mom gave me. Its in pretty bad condition. the hinges are like broken and its all scratched up a lot. just wanted you all to know. I'm thinking about posting this about every new computer I get, accept for those that don't have wifi, ethernet, or a usb port for my wifi adapter- which is actually a lot. Would that be OK, forums admins? I mean it is the community cafe...
    THE TRUTH HAS NO AGENDA...
    "There is no "Good" or "Evil", only Power and Weakness, and those who fail to see this."- The Dark Lord

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: posting this from a pentium m gateway laptop

Any pictures of said busted up laptop?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

doing my homework now. I'll get some on here hopefully in the next 2 hours. I also just got a Toshiba satalite with a pentium duel core. I haven't been able to boot it as I have no charger for it. I get a couple computers every week (mostly desktops), so i figured why not post about them. What else did I get recently... my friend's dad (other friend) gave me an old P3 with a gaming power supply and a sick pci expansion metal plate thing ( not a card ) with 2 nobs that control the GPU fan and the CPU fan. My brother just bought a dell duo if that counts, and I really don't like it. Oh and my friend gave me 3 PCI cards: 1 with 3 external firewires and 1 internal, one with 3 firewires 2 USBs and 1 interal USB, and another with only 5 USBs. And I found a microphone at my local junkyard.
    "There is no "Good" or "Evil", only Power and Weakness, and those who fail to see this."- The Dark Lord

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

yeah here are a few pics before i thump lucid on it. I was thinking of doing a duel boot with XP, just to watch Netflix. Its a shame i cant boot from usb on it, it would be a lot faster. I can't wait till someday all computers will boot from usb, by then some will probably be able to boot from a wireless flash drive anyway so i can't wait till that either. Ignore the last picture, added that by accident
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Congratulations?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu

I love old computers. My goal at some point is to scrounge up another old box with the pile of old parts that I have yet to go though. I so get a kick out of doing that and the fun of watching something so old run like new again. Currently, the oldest machine I have is a PIII running 8.04. I think I got the guts for a P2 or Pentium! I dunno...
    Ubuntu Registered User: 32964

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Let it go...

Beans
    Hidden!

Guessing you got that used or from a workplace? Because that BOIRON Logo doesn't look like it's a mere sticker.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boiron

I want the old G logo back too. :<
    AMD PII X6 @ 3.63 GHz - 16 GB DDR3 (1600 No OC) - ASUS Crosshair V Formula
    SB X-Fi 2 Sound (8ch) - Intel 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet - Win 8 Pro. x64
    AMD R HD 7950 (SAPPHIRE) - WD CG 500GB - Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by Antarctica32 View Post
    I'm thinking about posting this about every new computer I get, accept for those that don't have wifi, ethernet, or a usb port for my wifi adapter- which is actually a lot. Would that be OK, forums admins?
    Congrats, just keep this thread going with all your new machines.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Good for you reusing hardware that would otherwise end up in landfill or being 'recycled' (i.e. burned for valuable metals).

How about a screengrab including 'top' for the older hardware? People always want to know if X distribution can run on Y spec.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast