Thread: Deleting the Wine program

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Deleting the Wine program

I want to completely delete the Wine program. I may have done it wrong. First I deleted the three programs that I was using from windows. Then, I went to the Synaptic and deleted the program. I can still see it in my Home folder under the Wine folder. It still has the dos devices folder and the Dive C folder. Will it go away if I just delete the Wine folder, or is there something else I can do to completely delete it?

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Deleting the Wine program

If you chose "Completely remove" in synaptic it will have removed the wine program itself, including all the system-wide configuration files and folders for wine. It will not, however, have removed anything in your home folder, and that is not a bug or anything, it is designed that way.

Remove the hidden folder /home/<user>/.wine in your home and you will get rid of everything related to wine. Use ctrl+H to see hidden folders and files in nautilus.
    DISTRO: Xubuntu 16.04-64bit --- Code-tags --- Boot-Repair --- Grub2 wiki & Grub2 Basics --- RootSudo --- Wireless-Info --- SolvedThreads