Thread: Compiling Mythtv in Natty

Beans

Compiling Mythtv in Natty

Hi forum,

I have just upgraded my backend server from 10.04 to 11.04 and having problems with mythtv-backend not listening on the configured port 6543. I found two possible solution after googling (adding server host ip to /etc/hosts, and checking LostHostName), but none of these have worked. mythtv-backend refuses to listen on the configured port. Since I'm a developer I thought I'd simply add some traces to the source and recompile, but that's where it stops:

Code:
    gunnar@lynx:/opt/build$ sudo apt-get build-dep mythtv
    Läser paketlistor... Färdig
    Bygger beroendeträd         
    Läser tillståndsinformation... Färdig
    0 att uppgradera, 0 att nyinstallera, 0 att ta bort och 0 att inte uppgradera.
    gunnar@lynx:/opt/build$ apt-get source mythtv
    Bygger beroendeträd         
    OBSERVERA: paketering av "mythtv" hanteras i versionshanteringssystemet "Bzr" på:
    bzr+ssh://bazaar.launchpad.net/~mythbuntu/mythtv/mythtv-fixes
    Använd:
    bzr get bzr+ssh://bazaar.launchpad.net/~mythbuntu/mythtv/mythtv-fixes
    för att hämta senaste (möjligen inte utgivna) uppdateringar av paketet.
    Behöver hämta 98,5 MB källkodsarkiv.
    Läs:1 http://www.nic.funet.fi/pub/mirrors/archive.ubuntu.com/ natty/multiverse mythtv 2:0.24.0+fixes.20110416.9ba3ece-0ubuntu1 (dsc) [3 366 B]
    Läs:2 http://www.nic.funet.fi/pub/mirrors/archive.ubuntu.com/ natty/multiverse mythtv 2:0.24.0+fixes.20110416.9ba3ece-0ubuntu1 (tar) [98,4 MB]
    Läs:3 http://www.nic.funet.fi/pub/mirrors/archive.ubuntu.com/ natty/multiverse mythtv 2:0.24.0+fixes.20110416.9ba3ece-0ubuntu1 (diff) [159 kB]
    Hämtade 98,5 MB på 3min 54s (421 kB/s)                                                                                  
    Packar inte upp redan uppackad källkod i mythtv-0.24.0+fixes.20110416.9ba3ece
    gunnar@lynx:/opt/build$ cd mythtv-0.24.0+fixes.20110416.9ba3ece/
    gunnar@lynx:/opt/build/mythtv-0.24.0+fixes.20110416.9ba3ece$ cd mythtv/
    gunnar@lynx:/opt/build/mythtv-0.24.0+fixes.20110416.9ba3ece/mythtv$ ./configure
    Error, no aligned memory allocator but SSE enabled, disable it or use --enable-memalign-hack.

If you think configure made a mistake, make sure you are using the latest
    version from SVN.  If the latest version fails, report the problem to the
    mythtv-dev@mythtv.org mailing list or IRC #mythtv on irc.freenode.net
    Include the log file "config.ep" produced by configure as this will help
    solving the problem.
    gunnar@lynx:/opt/build/mythtv-0.24.0+fixes.20110416.9ba3ece/mythtv$ ./configure --enable-memalign-hack
    ERROR! You must have FreeType installed to compile MythTV.

If you think configure made a mistake, make sure you are using the latest
    version from SVN.  If the latest version fails, report the problem to the
    mythtv-dev@mythtv.org mailing list or IRC #mythtv on irc.freenode.net
    Include the log file "config.ep" produced by configure as this will help
    solving the problem.
    gunnar@lynx:/opt/build/mythtv-0.24.0+fixes.20110416.9ba3ece/mythtv$ sudo apt-get install libfreetype6
    Bygger beroendeträd         
    libfreetype6 är redan den senaste versionen.
    0 att uppgradera, 0 att nyinstallera, 0 att ta bort och 0 att inte uppgradera.
    How can I recreate the installed mythtv-backend binary? I have been unable to find any information searching the web and this forum. Where can I find the appropriate information.

BR
    Gunnar

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Compiling Mythtv in Natty

Have a read in the source code install folder under ./mythtv/docs/mythtv-Howto*.html
    You seem to be missing the Freetype typeface/fonts package

This example is for mythtv 0.23 requiring libfaad for LATM AAC. I have not compiled from source for some time & I don't know where the following came from.
    I don't have a backend-only example but I think you will get the idea..(--disable-frontend).

Code:
    fe & be combined:
    ./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --enable-nonfree --enable-libfaad
    make
    sudo checkinstall --pkgname=mythtv --pkgversion "4:SVN-r`LANG=C svn info |   grep Revision | awk '{ print $NF }'`" --backup=no --default --deldoc=yes

fe only:
    ./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --enable-nonfree --enable-libfaad --disable-backend
    make
    sudo checkinstall --pkgname=mythtvfrontend --pkgversion "4:SVN-r`LANG=C svn info |   grep Revision | awk '{ print $NF }'`" --backup=no --default --deldoc=yes
    Use at your own risk, but it worked well for me..

The plugins & themes are separate config/make/checkinstall packages..
    Last edited by BicyclerBoy; September 11th, 2011 at 12:21 AM.