Thread: New Wave Theme makes power button disappear!

Beans

New Wave Theme makes power button disappear!

Occasionally when I login to my account I notice that the Indicator Applet Session applet ( aka the power button ) has somehow been pushed off the screen. It doesn't seem to happen every time, but when it does I've been forced to shut down manually by using the power button on the machine ( or use the "sudo gdm stop" method to get out of gnome and relogin ). I recently realized that another workaround is just going into the system preferences and temporarily switching my theme which will reload all the applets / interface. *much easier btw*

Anyone have ideas on tracking this down? Or perhaps even fixing it??

---
    Dell C521, Ubuntu 10.04 LTS, no hw acceleration so defaults to plain old gnome

Seems like the issue is similar to this one : http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1428740
    Last edited by thatsmyboy; September 8th, 2011 at 08:58 AM. Reason: Update

Beans

Re: New Wave Theme makes power button disappear!

really?? No takers?
    how about a few screenshots!

Beans

Bump!!!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

I had a problem with that theme , I could not open Nautilus because the theme caused a broken link to the desk top and I later found a bug report . I ended up completely removing and and reinstalling the gnome-themes-ubuntu package .

After reinstalling the package I removed the New wave theme from the usr/share/themes folder . I found the problem because Nautilus would not open . When using gksu nautilus the terminal displayed the broken link error . That is also the first time I had used that theme since 9.10 .
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans

sadly, I can now report that this STILL occurs with the Ambiance theme (another login). Repeat, this issue is not limited to New Wave Theme