[triad] popotan - 06.avi.tovid_encoded.mpg
    [triad] popotan - 07.avi.tovid_encoded.mpg
    [Triad] Popotan - 08.avi.tovid_encoded.mpg
    [Triad] Popotan - 09.avi.tovid_encoded.mpg
    [Triad] Popotan - 10.avi.tovid_encoded.mpg
    [Triad] Popotan - 11.avi.tovid_encoded.mpg
    [Triad] Popotan - 12.avi.tovid_encoded.mpg

ok so thats my tovid output folder !_!
    mind looking in k3b and double checking what i should use?
    i wanna make sure my menu works and all too
    or how do i use the mkiso bit on that ?
    ive no problem using commandline to do something i just need to know what im looking for

Done. The resulting XML was written to /home/nekostar/Desktop/tovid/po_po_tan.xml.
    You can now author, image and/or burn the disc by running:
    makedvd /home/nekostar/Desktop/tovid/po_po_tan.xml
    Thanks for using makexml!

is how it says to do it.. which im gonna give a try,,,,,

#!/bin/bash
    #Make iso from MPG's
    dvdauthor -o dvd -t $1 &&
    dvdauthor -o dvd -T &&
    mkisofs -dvd-video -o dvd.iso dvd/ &&
    exit

that being the tovid mkiso script....
    seems that from commandline i could just tell it to work off of something... !_! sorry but that bit at the begining for me wasnt that clear

now the basic set of commands that tovid runs at this point is

The following commands will be run:
    =========================================
    makedvd -device /dev/dvdrw -author /home/nekostar/Desktop/tovid/po_po_tan.xml
    ------------------------
    Running command: makemenu -ntsc -dvd -align northwest -background "/home/nekostar/duals/nice/Planet_Nova_by_mrastro316.jpg" -audio "/media/hdb1/music/B_SOUL_DARKSIDE_SOLDIERS_MIX_24_04_2006.mp3" -textcolor "rgb(255,255,255)" -highlightcolor "rgb(255,255,0)" -selectcolor "rgb(255,0,0)" -font "Default" "1-3" "4-6" "7-9" "10-12" -out "/tmp/Main_menu"
    --------------------------------
    makemenu
    A script to generate DVD/(S)VCD menus
    Part of the tovid suite, version 0.28
    with: core magick dvd vcd transcode
    http://www.tovid.org
    --------------------------------
    Adding title 1-3
    Adding title 4-6
    Adding title 7-9
    Adding title 10-12
    ================================================== =======
    Font: "Default" does not appear to be available in ImageMagick.
    A similarly-named font was not found. Sorry!
    The font "Helvetica" will be used instead.
    ================================================== =======
    Adding 4 titles to the menu:
    1-3
    4-6
    7-9
    10-12
    Creating the background canvas with the following command:
    convert "/home/nekostar/duals/nice/Planet_Nova_by_mrastro316.jpg" -resize 720x -resize "x480<" -gravity center -crop 720x480+0+0 -matte makemenu.bg_canvas.12319.png
    Converting "/media/hdb1/music/B_SOUL_DARKSIDE_SOLDIERS_MIX_24_04_2006.mp3" to ac3 with the following command:
    ffmpeg -i "/media/hdb1/music/B_SOUL_DARKSIDE_SOLDIERS_MIX_24_04_2006.mp3" -ac 2 -ar 48000 -ab 224 -acodec ac3 -y "/tmp/Main_menu.ac3"

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Edgy Eft Testing

Wink Re: Howto: Make Dvd Videos From An Avi File

I haven't read the thread, but I made a better package some time ago. It's converted from the Fedora Core RPM, but it has all the dependencies so you don't need to fiddle with them manually. It also creates menu items automagically.

I'd be glad if you could add this to the start post.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans

Re: Howto: Make Dvd Videos From An Avi File

seems that one makes me try to isntall mencoder
    though its already a part of my mplayer package whereas the one in the thing in front doesnt........

Beans

My only question. I used Windows a lot at home, and used to use my laptop to burn DVDs.. I recently installed Ubuntu and found this guide.

I used to use Nero which automatically created Chapters for the avi file. Is there a way to do this in Ubuntu? I'm clueless as I've never transcoded AVI's to DVD using any Linux distro..

I haven't finished with this DVD yet, but thus far tovid seems to be working well.
    And I'm loving Ubuntu so far.. I like it more than I did fedora, but I'm still a Slackware lover
    Last edited by loadeddreams; August 29th, 2006 at 03:34 AM. Reason: spelling

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by loadeddreams View Post
    My only question. I used Windows a lot at home, and used to use my laptop to burn DVDs.. I recently installed Ubuntu and found this guide.

I used to use Nero which automatically created Chapters for the avi file. Is there a way to do this in Ubuntu? I'm clueless as I've never transcoded AVI's to DVD using any Linux distro..

I haven't finished with this DVD yet, but thus far tovid seems to be working well.
    And I'm loving Ubuntu so far.. I like it more than I did fedora, but I'm still a Slackware lover
    yes there is a way to create chapters and lots more with tovid, but my knowledge does not extend that far with it. you might have luck in the tovid forums or the tovid wiki, people are really helpful there. (both of those links are at the bottom of my guide)

Beans

ANNOUNCEMENT TO PEOPLE WHO ARE UBER-KIND!!!:

If someone would take the time to make a tovid package with all dependencies preinstalled, and preferably made into an ubuntu compatible .deb package, would help solve many problems that people have with tovid.

So if anyone is interseted in this, please tell me so that I can praise you!

(Sorry but I don't want any tovid packages converted from RPM or something else, only .deb's please)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

The DVDs I make in Tovid automatically have 5 minutes chapters built in.
    Meaning when I push forward on the chapters button it skips ahead in 5 minute increments.
    Hope this helps.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by PapaWiskas View Post
    The DVDs I make in Tovid automatically have 5 minutes chapters built in.
    Meaning when I push forward on the chapters button it skips ahead in 5 minute increments.
    Hope this helps.
    hmmm, sounds like a bug to me....i'll report it on the tovid forums and see what they say.

Beans

hey papawiskas, i started a thread in the bugs section of the tovid forums about your bug, but i'm pretty sure they'll need some of your own input, so if you really want to fix it, i suggest you make an account in the tovid forums. Here is the actual thread: http://www.createphpbb.com/tovid/vie...2&mforum=tovid

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Quote Originally Posted by erik1397 View Post
    yes there is a way to create chapters and lots more with tovid, but my knowledge does not extend that far with it. you might have luck in the tovid forums or the tovid wiki, people are really helpful there. (both of those links are at the bottom of my guide)
    Hello erik,

I wasnt reporting a bug per say, but rather trying to answer the question on the Ubuntu forum about chapter creation.

What I was trying to say is that whenever I transcode Tovid using the terminal/command line, meaning from .avi to dvd compatible .mpg. After the Tovid program is done, I then use "makemenu" then I use "makexml" then I use "makedvd", now somewhere in there it makes 5 minute chapters by default and if I am not mistaken it is the "makexml" process that actually does this because the resulting .xml file has the chapter breakdown listed in it with each .mpg associated with it.

So actually I guess I am wrong in saying tovid creates the chapters when actually it is the makexml process that does this. Tovid just transcodes the .avi to .mpg.

Not sure if any of this makes any sense as I have had a few beers, and some Captain Morgan....but I follow what I am saying nonetheless....

Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast