Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cannot search for images in UEC Store tab

Beans

Re: Cannot search for images in UEC Store tab

I realize this is several months late.

The problem is definitely with Walrus, but you can't set it to localhost or 127.0.0.1

Once I set the Walrus server to the interface's IP address that Walrus is running on everything went smoothly.

Walrus apparently does not listen on the loopback interface.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by johngreth View Post
    Under the configuration tab in the web interface there is a Walrus box. In that box you can set the address to "localhost" or 127.0.0.1. I've given up working on it for a while so I don't have it running. Otherwise I would be more specific.

Can you elaborate any good solutions to the problem?
    Thanks. I have got the same problem.

Beans

I would also like to see a solution for this problem. Cannot enter store.

Beans

Okay, I ran into this exact same problem with a vanilla install of UEC from 11.04 x64 server CD.

Short answer on how to fix it - rebuild/reinstall python-pycurl using libopenssl rather than libgnutls:
    http://osdir.com/ml/debian-bugs-dist/2009-05/msg06613.html

Note that those directions are for an older version of python-pycurl, so update version numbers appropriately. But all of the steps are the same. Once you do this and restart everything, the store should work.

Basic problem is that there is something wonky about the godaddy CA cert that imagestore.canonical.com is signed with.
    You can isolate the issue with:
    Code:
    gnutls-cli --x509cafile /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt imagestore.canonical.com
    It appears gnutls (as of some recent update) became a little more picky about which CA certs it accepts than openssl.

An alternative client-side fix (which I have not tried) might be to enable the GNUTLS_VERIFY_ALLOW_X509_V1_CA_CRT option for libcurl, however this also requires modifying packages.

I think the proper server-side fix would be for imagestore.canonical.com to get a new server cert that is signed by a newer godaddy CA cert that doesn't trigger the gnutls issues. But I have no control over this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12