Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aspire Aspire TimelineX 4830T

Beans

Re: Aspire Aspire TimelineX 4830T

Quote Originally Posted by davidY View Post
    Jim - you are using the T not the GT right (the one with the intel graphics card)? For me the desktop effects seem to all work. I haven't upgraded since everything was working.
    Well once 11.10 comes out hopefully everything will just work out of the box
    Yes, I'm using the T not the GT. I don't know what it might be, but I can do without the candy for a couple of weeks... as you say, when 11.10 comes out it'll hopefully be fixed.

Maybe it's that I'm still using KDE 4.6.2?

Anyway, having the microphone and the brightness working is worth its weight in gold.

Jim
    Jim.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by gustokonyan View Post
    hmm, after doing this, my screen displays squary particles whenever I open / close windows (with compiz Glide1 animation)

How do i revert / uninstall the changes i just made?

thank you!
    According the edgers page
    To revert to official packages, you can install the ppa-purge package and run "sudo ppa-purge xorg-edgers".

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ptg21 View Post
    According the edgers page
    Thank you

Beans

Audio In:
    Microphone does not work unless you use hda analyzer and set Node[0x23] PIN Val[0] and Val[1] to different values (i like 2,3)
    See: http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/HDA_Analyzer
    Hi, This all worked great when I built 11.04, but now have upgraded to 11.10 and this isn't working.

If I set the values above to 2,3 for e.g., they revert back to default after I've tried to use Skype. Even when I used Skype test call just after changing the values that recording from the mic is very poor.

Any ideas?

Jim
    Jim.

Beans

Jim - try turning off microphone auto-volume setting in skype, it might try to change the volume of the mic by editing the values.

You must run hdanalyze again to see the current values, there is no refresh button, and switching to the tab does not actually refresh the values.

Beans

I have the same laptop and I have the same problem... my mic wont work in chatroulette.

Beans

Jim - try turning off microphone auto-volume setting in skype, it might try to change the volume of the mic by editing the values.

You must run hdanalyze again to see the current values, there is no refresh button, and switching to the tab does not actually refresh the values.
    Thanks for the response, unfortunately no joy. It seems to be exactly the same as before: I can just about hear myself, but it's very broken up and barely audible.

Jim
    Jim.

Beans

Real basic question relating to 4830t:

What are the key sequences to access bios settings?

<Alt Gp>F10 has at times produced an Acer logo screen
    from which F2 produced several options for booting 7
    but not the usual bios menu such as boot order.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12