Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 330

Thread: Accounts <50 posts permissions changes : dealing with spam.

  1. #241
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

    Re: Accounts <50 posts permissions changes : dealing with spam.

    Quote Originally Posted by rattskjelke View Post
    I think you got that backwards. I don't know enough about Linux to answer questions. I'm sure that would go over really well.
    You can still learn by asking questions too - not just giving answers.
    Come to #ubuntuforums! We have cookies! | Basic Ubuntu Security Guide

    Tomorrow's an illusion and yesterday's a dream, today is a solution...

  2. #242
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    UK
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.10 Yakkety Yak

    Re: Accounts <50 posts permissions changes : dealing with spam.

    Quote Originally Posted by rattskjelke View Post
    I think you got that backwards. I don't know enough about Linux to answer questions. I'm sure that would go over really well.
    You probably know more than you credit yourself with! For instance, I see that you are using Lubuntu. I've never used Lubuntu and am simply not qualified to help someone with a desktop configuration problem, for example. You know more than I do, and many other members, about the Lubuntu desktop. You don't have to be a power use to answer questions. Start in the beginner's section. Find something that you are confident with, and...

    Good luck!
    Ubuntu 16.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 14.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - IRC #ubuntuforums

    Member: Not Canonical Team

    Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.

  3. #243
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    planet earth
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

    Re: Accounts <50 posts permissions changes : dealing with spam.

    It seems that Ubuntu is changing as the NWO politics. First it started as communistic/socialistic Operating System for the masses and now it becomes corporate endeavour
    with politically correct twist.
    When at times I was trying to post something by the time I finished writing, there were 5 faster typers then me.

    My last question regarding my 8-1 card reader remained unanswered...should I bump my own post?

    I changed tactic long time ago and started reading bugs 2000 on a slow day 5000 on a busy day...Can learn more then sitting here.
    Talking about the spam you should see how much spam is in the reported bugs.

    Could not care less about my avatar...but my privacy is my privacy and in this department you went too far.

    BTW The latest 11-10 beta does not even come with Synaptic P. Manager.
    That must be a joke of the century.

  4. #244
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    USA
    Beans
    67
    Distro
    Xubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

    Re: Accounts <50 posts permissions changes : dealing with spam.

    Quote Originally Posted by coffeecat View Post
    ... I see that you are using Lubuntu. ...
    That's because I can't change my profile!
    I tried Lubuntu several months ago and didn't like it. Right now I'm dual booting Linux Mint 11 & Windows XP.

  5. #245
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Porirua, New Zealand
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

    Re: Accounts <50 posts permissions changes : dealing with spam.

    Quote Originally Posted by binary00mind View Post
    It seems that Ubuntu is changing as the NWO politics. First it started as communistic/socialistic Operating System for the masses and now it becomes corporate endeavour
    with politically correct twist.
    With one or two exceptions, we normally discourage the discussion of politics here. This is outlined in the Code of Conduct.
    Quote Originally Posted by binary00mind View Post
    When at times I was trying to post something by the time I finished writing, there were 5 faster typers then me.
    This can happen
    Quote Originally Posted by binary00mind View Post
    My last question regarding my 8-1 card reader remained unanswered...should I bump my own post?
    24 hours after the last activity in a thread is a reasonable option.
    Quote Originally Posted by binary00mind View Post
    I changed tactic long time ago and started reading bugs 2000 on a slow day 5000 on a busy day...Can learn more then sitting here.
    No harm in doing your research.....
    Quote Originally Posted by binary00mind View Post
    Talking about the spam you should see how much spam is in the reported bugs.
    This isn't a spam post intended to build up your bean count, is it? The bad news is that this post doesn't count and has only served to get you noticed.
    Quote Originally Posted by binary00mind View Post
    Could not care less about my avatar...but my privacy is my privacy and in this department you went too far.

    BTW The latest 11-10 beta does not even come with Synaptic P. Manager.
    That must be a joke of the century.
    See above.
    Forum DOs and DON'Ts
    Never assume that information you find using a search engine is up-to-date.
    Please use CODE tags.
    A low-volume blog

  6. #246
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Beans
    58
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: Accounts <50 posts permissions changes : dealing with spam.

    @lisati

    I don't think "binary00mind" meant that he wants to speak politics politics in this forum. Just Ubuntuforums have turned political....

  7. #247
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Not heaven... Iowa
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

    Re: Accounts <50 posts permissions changes : dealing with spam.

    Quote Originally Posted by rattskjelke View Post
    That's because I can't change my profile!
    I tried Lubuntu several months ago and didn't like it. Right now I'm dual booting Linux Mint 11 & Windows XP.
    Fixed the Lubuntu part for you - unfortunately, Mint and XP are both "Other Distros".
    Linux User #415691 Ubuntu User #8629
    Iowa Team (LoCo): [Wiki] [Launchpad]
    IRC channel: #ubuntu-us-ia on irc.freenode.net

  8. #248
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    planet earth
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

    Arrow Re: Accounts <50 posts permissions changes : dealing with spam.

    Quote Originally Posted by haqking View Post
    yep i have been monitoring for the last couple of days, everytime i see a spam before i report it, i check my bean count, as soon as click send on the report my bean count goes up +1
    without a doubt.

    It is only when i report a spam and in the field i type SPAM and thats it then click report.

    perhaps the one you reported yesterday i beat you to it and got the bean....LOL
    LOL...You must be a very fast Ubuntu Forums surfer. I spotted 1 post with the 0 minutes life span link, by the time I was ready to report it as as SPAM, the life span of this (obviously advertising post) increased to 1 minute and I was denied to reply and/or mark as an abuse/SPAM (lack of permission(s))
    link for reference

    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesA View Post
    Hmmm beans for reporting spam. I must report more spam then!
    Don't try it, see above. No chance to compete.
    Quote Originally Posted by ykanello View Post
    @lisati

    I don't think "binary00mind" meant that he wants to speak politics politics in this forum. Just Ubuntuforums have turned political....
    Bingo...I was talking more of ideology/practise then politics in the real life, metaphorically speaking.
    Don't follow real politics politics, don't even own TV set for easy 5 years.
    Yes I was talking about ever revolving "politics""policies" on Ubuntu Forums which I'm using well before I even joined this Forum.
    Years ago there was a hunt for members posting malicious codes, which was the right thing to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by lisati View Post
    This isn't a spam post intended to build up your bean count, is it? The bad news is that this post doesn't count and has only served to get you noticed.
    Not by any stretch of imagination. Don't have a slightest idea how many posts I've written.
    As for being noticed. I don't think so, as I'm more active on Ubuntu Forums in different languages under different Nick and under my son name(with whom I work as a team) and/or Forums with another Distro(s).
    Ubuntu is my hobby and Linux in general is my hobby.

    Years ago there were slogans like "Join the friendly Ubuntu Family, join our Forums where we all are equal" mhhhh

    As for my own words in previous post"QUOTE" When at times I was trying to post something by the time I finished writing, there were 5 faster typers then me."
    @lisati This was your reply:
    Quote Originally Posted by lisati View Post
    This can happen
    I'm not looking for a pity or special treatment but I'm one handed. Originally right handed but my right hand gave up on me(the nerves in my right hand palm are numb) that leaves me my left hand only.

    And finally I had no clue that you changed Forum policy.
    It would be nice to email some kind of a notice to members with the upcoming changes. I've found none in my inbox.(could miss it but I doubt this)

    I come here frequently without login in. All of of a sudden I cannot see anything, step two go to my CP, nothing.
    At first I though that someone hacked in to my account.
    By pure chance I've found this thread. I was angry,emotional etc. I'm human after all.

    Being here officially member/user for four (4) years It is a very remote chance that I turned Spammer out of the blue.

    Write a script to avoid hurting long time users (2,3,4,5 years old users being here) with no previous record of spamming.

  9. #249
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Denmark - Scandinavia
    Beans
    17,863

    Re: Accounts <50 posts permissions changes : dealing with spam.

    I'm not sure where or what you achieve with your rant other than showing your displease.
    We can't please all our 1mill+ users.

  10. #250
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    planet earth
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

    Re: Accounts <50 posts permissions changes : dealing with spam.

    Quote Originally Posted by Artificial Intelligence View Post
    I'm not sure where or what you achieve with your rant other than showing your displease.
    We can't please all our 1mill+ users.
    This is feedback thread, so here you have my feedback. No more no less.
    I can see your point with the 1 mill+ users.

Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •