Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Accounts <50 posts permissions changes : dealing with spam.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Accounts <50 posts permissions changes : dealing with spam.

Quote Originally Posted by _d_ View Post
    Most of them are, I see a lot of those "thanks for information" type posts on webmaster forums that have post count limits on signatures and what not.
    Apologies are due for adding to this already lengthy debate. However .......

This particular thorn in the side of various Forum Admins has been dealt with elsewhere by using this little VBulletin add in. http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=122944

Its a jolly good tool and I believe it has the rare quality of being very popular with Forum Users as well as Admins and Moderators. This appeals to me because I really dont like to see discord.

Perhaps it might be useful here as well, although Im very mindful of the possibility of Forum Overhead, especially with the number of users mentioned by Bhodi.
    Its a suggestion anyhow and I promise to keep my nose out of this debate in future !

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Accounts <50 posts permissions changes : dealing with spam.

Quote Originally Posted by Off Shore View Post
    Apologies are due for adding to this already lengthy debate. However .......

This particular thorn in the side of various Forum Admins has been dealt with elsewhere by using this little VBulletin add in. http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=122944

Its a jolly good tool and I believe it has the rare quality of being very popular with Forum Users as well as Admins and Moderators. This appeals to me because I really dont like to see discord.

Perhaps it might be useful here as well, although Im very mindful of the possibility of Forum Overhead, especially with the number of users mentioned by Bhodi.
    Its a suggestion anyhow and I promise to keep my nose out of this debate in future !
    We've used a "thanks" plugin before. Not sure it was this one.
    It would make our db very unhappy and we had to remove it. We are now on new hardware, and are (keep fingers crossed) in the process of upgrading to vB 4. We have decided to look again at a thanks feature once we run on the newer vB release.
    | My old and mostly abandoned blog |
    Linux user #413984 ; Ubuntu user #178
    J'aime les fraises.
    Nighty night me lovelies!

| Reinstalling Ubuntu ? Please check this bug first ! |
    | Using a ppa ? Please install ppa-purge from universe, you may need it should you want to revert packages back |
    | No support requests / username changes by PM, thanks. |

Beans

How much post need to post signature?

hello dear , i want to know that how much post i need to post my signature at here?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: How much post need to post singnatuter?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: How much post need to post singnatuter?

Hi and welcome, it is a measure to eliminate spam accounts. You can read about it here.
    Moved to Forum Feedback & Help.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Re: How much post need to post signature?

Quote Originally Posted by mobileinsurance View Post
    hello dear , i want to know that how much post i need to post my signature at here?
    I'm going to say this out in the wild: such a username shakes our spider senses all the way up!
    J'aime les fraises.

| Using a ppa ? Please install ppa-purge from universe, you may need it should you want to revert packages back |

Beans

Maybe instead of a "thanks" button, something could be implemented where when the OP marks the thread as solved, they can either click on the post that fixed it for them, or add their own description on how they've fixed it?

A lot of the time, new users leave once they fixed their problem, never to mark the thread as solved, post who's response fixed their problem, or come back again. This makes it hard for others with the same question to gain much from a thread.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by IWantFroyo View Post
    Maybe instead of a "thanks" button, something could be implemented where when the OP marks the thread as solved, they can either click on the post that fixed it for them, or add their own description on how they've fixed it?

A lot of the time, new users leave once they fixed their problem, never to mark the thread as solved, post who's response fixed their problem, or come back again. This makes it hard for others with the same question to gain much from a thread.
    I'll have to check if only the OP can mark threads as solved.
    J'aime les fraises.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by bapoumba View Post
    I'm going to say this out in the wild: such a username shakes our spider senses all the way up!
    .... as does starting a post with "Hello dear." This is normally something only Mrs Lisati and other close family members say to me. In other contexts, well....
    Forum DOs and DON'Ts
    Never assume that information you find using a search engine is up-to-date.
    Please use CODE tags.
    A low-volume blog

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Quote Originally Posted by bapoumba View Post
    I'll have to check if only the OP can mark threads as solved.
    Only the OP and Staff can mark threads as solved.
    Come to #ubuntuforums! We have cookies! | Basic Ubuntu Security Guide

Tomorrow's an illusion and yesterday's a dream, today is a solution...

Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast