Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Accounts <50 posts permissions changes : dealing with spam.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Cool Re: Accounts <50 posts permissions changes : dealing with spam.

Hmm, fair enough.

I don't foresee myself getting profile-editing permissions back anytime. I only hang around in the Cafe really so don't get many beans, I'm not at all experienced so I'm no use in the support sections, and I seem to get by well without having to ask for help there either!

So, RIP signature. I liked my signature.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Accounts <50 posts permissions changes : dealing with spam.

Quote Originally Posted by gopherofdoom View Post
    Hmm, fair enough.

I don't foresee myself getting profile-editing permissions back anytime. I only hang around in the Cafe really so don't get many beans, I'm not at all experienced so I'm no use in the support sections, and I seem to get by well without having to ask for help there either!

So, RIP signature. I liked my signature.
    If you can help yourself, you can help others. Just start in the beginners section.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

forum bug - can't access User CP -> Edit Details

When I try to access User CP -> Edit Your Details, I get the following error message:

HTML Code:
    elysianfields44, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account has less than 50 posts.
       2. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
       3. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    I do have less than 50 posts but how is that relevant? I am only trying to edit my own profile, how can I possibly not have access to do this?

Thanks.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: forum bug - can't access User CP -> Edit Details

Beans

Re: forum bug - can't access User CP -> Edit Details

Quote Originally Posted by elysianfields44 View Post
    When I try to access User CP -> Edit Your Details, I get the following error message:

HTML Code:
    elysianfields44, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account has less than 50 posts.
       2. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
       3. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    I do have less than 50 posts but how is that relevant? I am only trying to edit my own profile, how can I possibly not have access to do this?

Thanks.

It is to prevent spam as outlined in the above link.

17 more support related posts and you should be good.

Bear in mind however that the script runs every hour, so when you hit 50 you still might have to wait a little while until you have access to CP editing features.

Hope this helps

peace
    Backtrack - Giving machine guns to monkeys since 2006
    Kali-Linux - Adding a grenade launcher to the machine guns since 2013

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: I suddenly don't have the permissions to access my own User CP on this site?

Thanks for asking this question Zeta-K.. I too was wondering why I couldn't change my details in the UserCP. Since I am no longer using 10.04 I thought I would update it... Guess it's time to make some useless posts to get my post count up to 50?

Thanks for the link explaining the change. I should have noticed it since it's a sticky but it seems like I missed it.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: I suddenly don't have the permissions to access my own User CP on this site?

So should i wait till i make 50 posts just to update my display that i am no longer using feisty fawn but natty narwall (11.04 64-bit). Does UF care about number of posts or quality of posts ? 50 is too high a number. I think first 10 or some post should be enough to judge whether he is a spammer or genuine user. Manual moderation is boring i know , but sometimes it is beneficial than the toll it takes. Like friction the car experiences while riding. Atleast reduce the number of post before being able to edit simple things in about user. Like OS ver in use. I cant make out any other things that will be required because i bumped on this thread while searching for how to update my Ubuntu version in CP. In case some moderator happens to see this please update my OS version to 11.04 x86_64. or give me the rights to update it.

Thank you,

with regards,
    ashwin

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by ashwin_cse View Post
    So should i wait till i make 50 posts just to update my display that i am no longer using feisty fawn but natty narwall (11.04 64-bit). Does UF care about number of posts or quality of posts ? 50 is too high a number. I think first 10 or some post should be enough to judge whether he is a spammer or genuine user. Manual moderation is boring i know , but sometimes it is beneficial than the toll it takes. Like friction the car experiences while riding. Atleast reduce the number of post before being able to edit simple things in about user. Like OS ver in use. I cant make out any other things that will be required because i bumped on this thread while searching for how to update my Ubuntu version in CP. In case some moderator happens to see this please update my OS version to 11.04 x86_64. or give me the rights to update it.

Thank you,

with regards,
    ashwin
    Sorry for the inconvenience , but 50 posts seems reasonable to the staff here.
    There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting.
    --Prince Gautama Siddharta

#ubuntuforums web interface

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by kenny2009 View Post
    Guess it's time to make some useless posts to get my post count up to 50?
    Yep.......

Quote Originally Posted by kenny2009 View Post
    Guess it's time to make some useless posts to get my post count up to 50?
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaGary View Post
    Yep.......
    Doing so will be perceived as spam and is likely to result in your accounts being infracted.

Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast