Thread: Desktop not loading up when i log into my account

Beans

Desktop not loading up when i log into my account

Hi, i just got a new EEEPC ASUS | 1015PEM-PU17-BU RTL net book this past week and i installed Ubuntu on it. Before yesterday i wasnt havnt any problems with it, but last night, i was watching a youtube video and my computer froze. After this happened, ive been running into quite a few problems. When i turned off my computer and turned it back on, i logged into my account and i couldnt open any programs or connect to wifi. i restarted my computer again and logged into my account in safe mode and it seemed to be fine, but now when i try and log into normal mode, my task bar and the top bar doesnt show up. i get a notification saying im connected to the wifi (currently in class right now) but i cant do anything. the only way i was able to open firefox was right clicking the background and making a desktop shortcut to firefox. im not sure if this is the right place to post this, but has anyone seen this before and know how to fix this? thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Desktop not loading up when i log into my account

check with creating another account in your box.

Beans

Re: Desktop not loading up when i log into my account

Quote Originally Posted by ranatanveer View Post
    check with creating another account in your box.

Hi, thanks for the tip. so i figured out that my desktop loads up in ubuntu classic just fine, its when i choose ubuntu that it doesnt load up.

i created a new user and it works fine as well. do you have any speculations as to what happened and how i could fix it?