Thread: PXE Server, Error 67

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

PXE Server, Error 67

Hey all got a problem thats stumped me and need help. I'm making a PXE imaging server to deploy windows 7 over the network here at work but I am running across a "system error 67, the network name cannot be found" when using "net use z: \\192.168.0.1".

The server is setup with PXE, WinPE 3.0 custom boot image, DHCP, TFTP, DNS and Samba. Folder permissions currently set at 0664 for samba folders involved. The client PC is able to boot WinPE to the command prompt and ping the PXE/Samba Server by both IP and hostname but is unable to connect to it when using the above command, and using smbclient on the server reveals that the shares are listed and netstat shows its listening. Any help appreciated on this as its been driving me nuts for days!
    Last edited by SoronZero; August 30th, 2011 at 10:45 PM. Reason: spelling errors
    Never beg, earn by winning, or else you won't get anything --- From Adrock Thurston to Holland Novak to Renton Thurston

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: PXE Server, Error 67

Hi,
    When you make a backup with Clonezilla, you can put the backup in the home partition folder.....
    Please follow this site, and maybe it will help you..
    Let me know if it works...
    Kind regards!!!
    http://mb.homelinux.net/linuxsite/node/195
    Succes!!!
    Last edited by maikel.b; August 30th, 2011 at 10:19 PM.
    Linux serving the planet...

http://mb.homelinux.net/linuxsite

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Its actually the other way around, im trying to deploy windows 7 across around 100 desktops, not use the samba server as a backup.
    Never beg, earn by winning, or else you won't get anything --- From Adrock Thurston to Holland Novak to Renton Thurston

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Are all the desktops the same??

If this is true, you can make a image of one desktop, and the 99 are clone.. ??
    Linux serving the planet...

http://mb.homelinux.net/linuxsite

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Yes they are all the same and thats what I was trying to accomplish, but each PC has to be deployed rather than imaged as they have to have unique names to join a domain. Either way if I can't connect to the server to retrieve the image ....

I have added the servers config files (with sensitive data removed) if it will aid in trouble shooting in any way,
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by SoronZero; August 31st, 2011 at 12:13 AM. Reason: added config files

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Smile Re: PXE Server, Error 67

Figured it out, had to put Samba in user instead of share mode, create a samba account, and log into the correct share.