Thread: Very low sound - Xubuntu 11.04 & RealTek ALC269.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Very low sound - Xubuntu 11.04 & RealTek ALC269.

I am having problems getting the sound on an Xubuntu install to work properly. I added
    Code:
    snd-hda-intel model=auto
    to /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf to get the sound to work at all, but even with all of the sound levels in alsamixer turned up to 100%, the sound is unreasonably low. I am using Xubuntu 11.04 and my netbook has a RealTek ALC269 sound card.
    Peppermint OS Four - Dell Vostro 3350, Peppermint OS Three - Acer Aspire One 725 & Asus Eee PC 1015BX, Ubuntu 12.04 - home built AMD desktop,
    Military justice is to justice what military music is to music. - Groucho Marx

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome 15.04 Vivid Vervet

Re: Very low sound - Xubuntu 11.04 & RealTek ALC269.

Quote Originally Posted by casbahdk View Post
    I am having problems getting the sound on an Xubuntu install to work properly. I added
    Code:
    snd-hda-intel model=auto
    to /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf to get the sound to work at all, but even with all of the sound levels in alsamixer turned up to 100%, the sound is unreasonably low. I am using Xubuntu 11.04 and my netbook has a RealTek ALC269 sound card.
    Change that line in alsa-base.conf to read:
    Code:
    options snd-hda-intel model=zepto
    Reboot

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

That seem to have solved the issue, although I think the volume for some videos on YouTube is still way too low, even with the volume turned up to max both on the computer (master and speaker) and on the video itself.
    Peppermint OS Four - Dell Vostro 3350, Peppermint OS Three - Acer Aspire One 725 & Asus Eee PC 1015BX, Ubuntu 12.04 - home built AMD desktop,
    Military justice is to justice what military music is to music. - Groucho Marx

Beans

Make sure the application volume is maxed out in the volume control. I'm not sure what it looks like for Xubuntu, but you can always install pavolumecontrol and use that if Xubuntu doesn't show the per-application volumes associated with pulseaudio