Thread: Ubuntu is disappointing

Beans

Angry Ubuntu is disappointing

I need to use Skype with a USB phone as my Desktop is also my home phone. Ubuntu is a big failure because:

a) There's not an easy way to configure the USB as the voice device and the monitor speakers as the ring device. I know it could be done somehow via padevchooser or starting skype with "PULSE_SERVER=127.0.0.1", but it shouldn't be so complicated. It's a simple task, and should be simple, right out of the box.

b) Suspending the system makes the USB volumes (in and out) muted. Curse on pulseaudio and who created it.

c) There's no way of turning on my screen with a command since my loudspeakers are integrated and they don't ring unless the screen is on.

I could do all that with Lubuntu. Lubuntu is what Ubuntu should be.

Beans
    Hidden!

Beans

Re: Ubuntu is disappointing

Thank you, I'll have a look. I'm sorry if I seemed arrogant or whatever but I only love Linux

Beans
    Hidden!

actually i took your comment quite the opposite. and was surprised to find that lubuntu had this. it being labeled the lite weight...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jerrrys View Post
    actually i took your comment quite the opposite. and was surprised to find that lubuntu had this. it being labeled the lite weight...
    You're right, and I'm sorry. But I hate when such an easy task is so difficult. I use Linux since 2000 and I hate when these situations occur...
    Last edited by gatewayasteroid; August 28th, 2011 at 09:16 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!

i wonder if the packages could be pinned down and imported to ubuntu.