Thread: Video Resolution using Oracle VirtualBox

Beans

Post Video Resolution using Oracle VirtualBox

I have used Oracle VM VirtualBox to load Ubuntu 11.04 on my computer. But the problem is that I cannot open it up full screen. The highest resolution I can bring it up to is 1024 x 768. My current Windows resolution is 1680 x 1050. I have a Samsung SyncMaster 226BW monitor. My video card is an ATI Radeon HD 5570.

I’m sort of new to Ubuntu, and I want to learn more about it, but I really want to bring it up to full screen size within the Oracle VirtualBox. Can I do it? If so, can you tell me how to do this?

Beans

Re: Video Resolution using Oracle VirtualBox

Quote Originally Posted by RayF48 View Post
    I have used Oracle VM VirtualBox to load Ubuntu 11.04 on my computer. But the problem is that I cannot open it up full screen. The highest resolution I can bring it up to is 1024 x 768. My current Windows resolution is 1680 x 1050. I have a Samsung SyncMaster 226BW monitor. My video card is an ATI Radeon HD 5570.

I’m sort of new to Ubuntu, and I want to learn more about it, but I really want to bring it up to full screen size within the Oracle VirtualBox. Can I do it? If so, can you tell me how to do this?
    add the vboxadditions

http://www.virtualbox.org/manual/ch04.html
    Backtrack - Giving machine guns to monkeys since 2006
    Kali-Linux - Adding a grenade launcher to the machine guns since 2013

Beans

Re: Video Resolution using Oracle VirtualBox

Thanks, it works. I now have 1680 x 924.