Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nomodeset and Acpi=off On Boot?

Beans

Question Nomodeset and Acpi=off On Boot?

Hey there, is there any way to boot up Ubuntu with the nomodeset and acpi=off options both enabled? Like, boot from the hard disk (I have already installed Ubuntu 11.04) with nomodeset and acpi=off?
    Thanks.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Nomodeset and Acpi=off On Boot?

see my signature

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by sanderd17 View Post
    see my signature
    Thank you so very much, this is exactly what I've been looking for! Trying it now...

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by MSTRZ View Post
    Thank you so very much, this is exactly what I've been looking for! Trying it now...
    You should thank P4man, he wrote it. But I'm glad it helped you.

Beans

You should thank P4man, he wrote it. But I'm glad it helped you.
    Yep, yep yeahh!!! I'm in Ubuntu 11.04, awesome! I'll send a message to P4man straightaway, he needs to be recognised for this!!

Beans

Oh, one more thing, it says I don't have the hardware required to run Unity...Where can I get this? Is it a physical problem, or something I can just download?

Beans
    Hidden!

Oh, one more thing, it says I don't have the hardware required to run Unity...Where can I get this? Is it a physical problem, or something I can just download?
    Normally this means there is a video driver missing (or that the wrong one is used).

You should probably get a notification if a better driver is available, if that is not the case, you should google the name of your graphical card, together with the keyword "Ubuntu". You'll probably arrive at a page that explains installing the driver.

Beans

Normally this means there is a video driver missing (or that the wrong one is used).

You should probably get a notification if a better driver is available, if that is not the case, you should google the name of your graphical card, together with the keyword "Ubuntu". You'll probably arrive at a page that explains installing the driver.
    Agh, yes, but I explicitly know for sure that I could install Unity on the old Windows Vista computer before I converted it to Ubuntu...

Beans
    Hidden!

Agh, yes, but I explicitly know for sure that I could install Unity on the old Windows Vista computer before I converted it to Ubuntu...
    About what "Unity" are you talking? I don't think there is a way to install Canonical's Unity in Windows.

Beans

About what "Unity" are you talking? I don't think there is a way to install Canonical's Unity in Windows.
    Ohhh...They have a different Unity? I'm talking about www.unity3d.com
    Do you know the reqs for Canonical's Unity?
    Last edited by MSTRZ; August 25th, 2011 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Messed up the Unity3D link

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast