Thread: SD Card Not Recognised - Gateway PC

Beans

SD Card Not Recognised - Gateway PC

Hi there

I installed Ubuntu 11.04 and all works absolutely fine out of the box...........well all bar trying to get the pictures off my SD Memory card.

My PC is a Gateway GT5072b and it has a pre installed memory slots. These worked fine with Windows, but when i insert my SD Card into the slot, I am unable to find the location of the SD Card, hence the contents.

Ive read on some other threads on internet that once the SD Card is inserted into the PC, on my desktop a message should appear but i get nothing?

Any ideas please??

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: SD Card Not Recognised - Gateway PC

Yea, It opens up in file browser as soon as I insert an SD card. An icon also appears on the desktop as well as in the launchers. As a workaround till we find out what's wrong -- does the camera connect to the computer with a USB cable? If so, you could leave the card in the camera and retrieve your pictures that way. There is also such a thing as a USB adapter for an SD card. They used to come with some SDHC cards in case you had an older card reader that couldn't handle the HC format.
    Give me a stable operating system, and I will make it unstable

Beans

Thank you so much and apologies for not replying sooner (i didn't subscribe - doh!!). When i connect my camera to the PC, it auto picks up the camera and i have downloaded the pics that way. I also do have an USB adapter that takes micro sd card so will also try that - many thanks!!

Now i just need to sort them into months & years!
    Last edited by delboymel; September 1st, 2011 at 10:01 PM. Reason: added

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Glad to have helped. I often don't get a response and then don't know if I've done anything. I thought it automatically subscribed you to threads you post on but I guess that's somewhere in the settings and I haven't been there for a while. Anyway, welcome to the forum!
    Last edited by corncob; September 2nd, 2011 at 05:29 PM. Reason: typo
    Give me a stable operating system, and I will make it unstable