Thread: o2.ie mobile broadband

Beans

Unhappy o2.ie mobile broadband

Hello I have Ubuntu 10.10 and my o2 mobile broadband doesnt work/huawei e 1752c-hspa usb s ttick/.Has somebody idea how to get it to work?Thanks for comments and ideas.aaazzz

Beans

Re: o2.ie mobile broadband

You should provide more information while asking questions like what happens when you try to connect! whether it connects or not, if connects whether ubuntu is treating it as file storage or what!! etc.
    I use rss feeds to view recent posts. So generally don't go back to the thread I posted on earlier. If u wish to criticize me or want me to try a bit more to help u by postin on ur thread(r post), pls message me directly with link of the post. Thanks

Beans

Usually the modem comes with built in Windows software ( which you don't need) and as such Ubuntu "sees" it as a CD ROM or thumb drive. If the Modem gets "mounted" i.e. you can see it on the desktop or in Places, then rt-click on it and eject it (leaving the modem in place) Wait 15 or 20 seconds and go to the network manager (on the top panel) and follow the install instructions.

If none of this works then come back to us with a little more detail about what happens when you insert the modem.

Bouncingwilf.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

whenever i have had problems with mobile broadband not working with network manager i have used sakis3g it can be found here

http://www.sakis3g.org/

it has everything compiled into it so just make it executeable and run

Code:
    ./sakis3g --interactive
    and it will prepare the modem and give you a list of access point or you can enter a custom one if it's not listed i always keep a copy on my computer found it very usefull
    The best things in life are free