Thread: System 76 Gazelle vs MacPro or Win base unit

Beans

System 76 Gazelle vs MacPro or Win base unit

I am in the market for a new laptop. I REALLY want to buy a Gazelle, but need to use both Mac and WIN software.

Would you folks make suggestion about using the Gazelle with Parallels or VMBox? Would this be the best way to go, or a Mac with Parallels/VMBox or a Win machine (Asus - Toshiba) with Parallels/VMBox? Which base unit will respond the best while using these three OS's?

Thanks for your time and opinions.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: System 76 Gazelle vs MacPro or Win base unit

Quote Originally Posted by BobbND View Post

I am in the market for a new laptop. I REALLY want to buy a Gazelle, but need to use both Mac and WIN software.

Would you folks make suggestion about using the Gazelle with Parallels or VMBox? Would this be the best way to go, or a Mac with Parallels/VMBox or a Win machine (Asus - Toshiba) with Parallels/VMBox? Which base unit will respond the best while using these three OS's?

Thanks for your time and opinions.
    Read Apple's OS X EULA...

Beans

So from what I read, Apple software can only reside on Apple brand machines. Is that what you were refering to?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

So from what I read, Apple software can only reside on Apple brand machines. Is that what you were refering to?
    Exactly.
    For you to do it as a hobbyist (while not strictly legal) is one thing; for a company to do it is asking to be sued.
    Your best bet is likely a Mac if you must run OS X software. The CoC doesn't permit discussion/advice of alternatives here...

Beans

Sorry, thanks for the advice and I was not aware of that. This is personal, not business related.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Sorry, thanks for the advice and I was not aware of that. This is personal, not business related.
    You've not done anything wrong. Just FYI.
    As far as my company comment, I was referring to the proposal that System76 include a VM with Mac OS X on it.
    Good luck!