Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hi speed camera using webcams...dumb idea

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Re: Hi speed camera using webcams...dumb idea

Quote Originally Posted by Inodoro Pereyra View Post
    I think modern movies use progressive scan though, but I'm not 100% sure,
    I'm pretty sure that even movies that are digitally shot still end up on a reel for the movie theaters.
    Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You. - Dr. Seuss

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Quote Originally Posted by juancarlospaco View Post
    Good webcams have 60 F.P.S.,
    which is the speed the human eye recognize as movement, and not a serie of static images.
    Standard definition TV was 30 fps... actually 29.97. The camera aboard the first moon landing was 15fps.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Quote Originally Posted by NightwishFan View Post
    I think motion pictures do some sort of inter-frame blending to appear as full motion with less frames right?
    In standard television the camera would scan odd lines then even lines, the tv displays them the same way. Each odd and even scan (field) happens at 30 frames a second, 60 fields a second, 30 frames a second. This was done because you would see the picture fade at the top by the time the scan was at the bottom.

With standard TV cameras if you ever videotaped a TV or a computer screen you could see the updating of the screen.

And to get back to the original post, if you set the two web cams next to each other, you might be able to work on 3D television, but it is a little more complicated then that.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

With standard TV cameras if you ever videotaped a TV or a computer screen you could see the updating of the screen.
    This is caused by aliasing....the Nyquist sampling theorem states that the sample must be at least twice as fast as the original events series. Look up on youtube, there's lots of cool examples...

3D is a fun idea....I'll look into it as a source of relief during my hob hunt....
    Lenovo ThinkPad T400 Core 2 Duo 4GB Ram Mint 13 XFCE
    500 GB spinning iron and 64 GB Crucial SSD in DVD bay.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123