Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: KDE 4.7 task manager bug?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: KDE 4.7 task manager bug?

Well, there were two rounds of updates from the KDE backports PPA for Natty today. Not only did the first round fail to fix a thing for me, it broke even more KDE components (plasma-widget-networkmanagement, most notably).

However, I am very happy to say that the second round of updates from this PPA seems to have fixed both the problems some of us have been experiencing with the task manager, and also the network management widget broken by today's earlier updates.

YAY!!!

(Paul, I feel silly for not having realized what you meant by the file menu! Anyways, thanks for your input on all of this.)

NOTE:
    Sadly, I have to rescind my claim that the second batch of updates fixed the task manager. It did not.
    Last edited by james_xxx; December 15th, 2011 at 08:40 PM. Reason: spelling correction
    Desktop: Kubuntu 18.04 64-bit Core 2 Quad Q9300 @ 2.5GHz 8GB DDR2 Nvidia GT440
    Nettop: Kubuntu 14.04 64-bit Atom D525 @ 1.8GHz 4GB DDR2 Nvidia ION2
    Netbook: Lubuntu 16.04 Dell Mini 9 2GB RAM

PaulW2U is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

James, I've now submitted a bug report to KDE. It probably needs some more information added to it so if anyone cares to add some I'd be most grateful.

See https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=279769.

Interestingly I found a reference to a similar bug with KDE 4.2 I think it was. That bug was of course fixed!

Beans

There is already reported bug about that problem. I had this issue with Kubuntu 11.04 after switching to KDE 4.7 from 4.6. I also tried to change my distro to openSUSE 11.4 and then made KDE update to 4.7 and got same issue. It's looks like KDE release bug and it's not fixed neighter in 4.7.2 version. Changing standard taskbar to "smooth taskbar" gave same results and it's not widget bug. Please vote this bug at following link.

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=275469

I'm using 64bit distros and have Intel 4 mobile graphic driver.
    Cheers.

PaulW2U is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Quote Originally Posted by viziouz View Post
    There is already reported bug about that problem. I had this issue with Kubuntu 11.04 after switching to KDE 4.7 from 4.6. I also tried to change my distro to openSUSE 11.4 and then made KDE update to 4.7 and got same issue. It's looks like KDE release bug and it's not fixed neighter in 4.7.2 version.
    viziouz, there is obviously some activity on the KDE bug reporting site so I hope that this bug will be fixed soon.

It seems that for some people the bug always occurs no matter how an application is closed but for others, like myself, it only occurs when an application is closed using the 'x' button. I think I made a new bug report because there was no mention of how applications were being closed in bug #275469 and the first report implied that this always happened when applications were closed. For me, this is not the case.

Anyway, I have now marked my bug report as a duplicate of bug #275469.
    Last edited by PaulW2U; August 14th, 2011 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Addition information added

Beans
    Distro

I just installed KDE SC 4.7.1 from the Kubuntu Backports PPA, with the not-too-high hopes that bugs like this one might have been fixed.

At least for me, this problem is as bad as ever.

I'd be curious to know if this update improved anything for anyone else.

So far, I have a major disliking for KDE 4.7, but maybe over time that will change.

(BTW, it does appear that this bug is quickly moving up the ranks in the list of most hated KDE bugs.)
    Last edited by james_xxx; September 26th, 2011 at 03:41 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Please if you can vote for this bug.

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=275469

It is very annoying "in your face" bug. I cannot believe that such bug isn't fixed already.

Personally, it annoys me so much that I wont use 4.7 until this is fixed.

Beans

I've been reading this thread and I have to share my frustration. Since I got KDE 4.7 from the PPA on Kubuntu 11.04 I've been checking almost every day for a fix.... DA** NOTHING has happened...

Beans

Ditto!

Beans
    Distro

I am beginning to wonder if this problem will ever go away.

KDE is increasingly seeming (to me, at least) like a DE that is less than half-baked (and perpetually so).

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Interesting! I get this pretty randomly too. Sometimes I can go a day or more without seeing it, and then sometimes it happens all of the time for days on end. Since it was so random, had a heck of a time figuring out how exactly to file a bug report on it. Glad it's being looked into (again!).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast