Thread: performance issue

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

performance issue

is it me or dual boot with xp and ubuntu dose make your os slow cuz i am experiencing a little lag while booting to ubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: performance issue

It shouldn't be any different from single-boot Ubuntu. Does your System Monitor show any programs using up a lot of CPU time?

Also, if you've installed Ubuntu as dual-boot with Windows and you performed this using Wubi (the installer that runs within Windows), then yes there is a performance penalty. This is because your Linux filesystem is mounted within your Windows one. You can avoid this by doing a real dual-boot installation using the Ubuntu-based installer on the Ubuntu CD.
    I try to treat the cause, not the symptom. I avoid the terminal in instructions, unless it's easier or necessary. My instructions will work within the Ubuntu system, instead of breaking or subverting it. Those are the three guarantees to the helpee.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Hi, also if you did a normal install and you are using natty then it is normal for it to take a little longer then previous releases, but if you tells us how long it takes we will have a better idea.

Also you can look at your logs with log file viewer and see what is taking a long time to load by looking in the boot log.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

can i do a real boot installation using startup disk creator

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Hi, after you download ubuntu you can use boot disc creator to make a bootable ubuntu disk or just burn it to disk.