Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ubuntu Installation

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Ubuntu Installation

yup... i did burn it onto a CD.. BUT, encountered an error.. i don't quite recall what it was.. but i am positive that it was AFTER the disk was verified.. i recently upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate.. whn i clicked on the iso file(i think it was called amd64 or something) i had an option to either extract to a location, or burn it onto a CD using the default windows iso burned.. i am sorry i dunno what the optioned was called.. it burnt to the CD fine, but i think while verification, there was an error..

though there was an error, it was booting from it.. it had the Ubuntu insignia, with 5 dots under it.. but that was it.. there was no progress after that..

hope this helps.. o_O
    Stay true to metal \m/

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Ok, First of all welcome to Ubuntu and to the community.

My dear friend it seems like that you're trying to run the installation processes from a USB but what you're doing if wrong and don't extract the files from the original ISO 'cos that'll break every thing.

Please, Install a CD/DVD burning program and that'll associate with your ISO winrar has been assigned to that task so normally winrar looks at the file as an archive so don't use that use Nero or something which are specialized for burning CD/DVD's.

And if you want to create a boot able USB use UNETbootin it's pretty easy and it has a windows version as well as linux versions. Use that program to create a boot able USB other wise it want work.

Also read this before you venture in to installing Ubuntu 'cos you're venturing in to a un-know territory so be prepared. It's a very easy guide to show windows converts how to do it properly.

Please, For your own good read before leap.
    Make Google your friend
    Please Mark threads as solved when they have been answered

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil Kenvetil View Post
    yup... i did burn it onto a CD.. BUT, encountered an error.. i don't quite recall what it was.. but i am positive that it was AFTER the disk was verified.. i recently upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate.. whn i clicked on the iso file(i think it was called amd64 or something) i had an option to either extract to a location, or burn it onto a CD using the default windows iso burned.. i am sorry i dunno what the optioned was called.. it burnt to the CD fine, but i think while verification, there was an error..

though there was an error, it was booting from it.. it had the Ubuntu insignia, with 5 dots under it.. but that was it.. there was no progress after that..

hope this helps.. o_O
    OK, Please don't use the default CD burning utility that comes with windows it breaks some ISO file's Use this it's free you don't have to pay try and please don't extract the ISO using winrar.
    Make Google your friend

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by sadaruwan12 View Post
    OK, Please don't use the default CD burning utility that comes with windows it breaks some ISO file's Use this it's free you don't have to pay try and please don't extract the ISO using winrar.
    alright i will try to do that.. i found de application name to be titled "ImgBurn 2.5.5.0".. hope this is correct.. i am currently not at ma computer n i am doin this from ma work (der is not internet conenction at home).. if this works i will forever be grateful to all of you!
    Stay true to metal \m/

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil Kenvetil View Post
    alright i will try to do that.. i found de application name to be titled "ImgBurn 2.5.5.0".. hope this is correct.. i am currently not at ma computer n i am doin this from ma work (der is not internet conenction at home).. if this works i will forever be grateful to all of you!
    My dear friend ok that is the software use this and burn a clean cd and try to boot from that please let us know what happened and if you're going to return later mark this as solved.
    Make Google your friend

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

hello there.. i discarded windows and installed ubuntu 10.04 fresh.. i have a cd for 11.04 on me now.. is der a way i can upgrade it from this cd of 11.04?? if yes, how?
    Stay true to metal \m/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12