Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Samba LDAP Server

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Samba LDAP Server

Quote Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
    No one is forcing you to use Ubuntu. We're here to help you, but you've gotta be willing to help yourself in order for us to help you. In other words, it's going to take some work and a lot of reading.

Did you try my earlier suggestion? I don't need to use LDAP, but that solution seems pretty good for those who don't really care about the stuff that happens underneath, they just want it to work.
    Zentyal is for Ubuntu 10.04, but I have installed ubuntu 11.04. Will it going to work on Ubuntu 11.04? As I have configured my server as web server and our company's developers are using it and I don't want to create any problem. I am a newbie and this is my first sever. So, please be kind.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by maverickaddicted View Post
    Zentyal is for Ubuntu 10.04, but I have installed ubuntu 11.04. Will it going to work on Ubuntu 11.04? As I have configured my server as web server and our company's developers are using it and I don't want to create any problem. I am a newbie and this is my first sever. So, please be kind.
    10.04 is recommended for production server platforms anyways - you shouldn't be using 11.04 on a production server.

Unfortunately while I recommend Zentyal, I recommend it based on others I know and trust - I've never actually used the product myself.

Any person who wants sanity in their data centers are going to stick with LTS releases - for their longer support, and the requirement to upgrade comes much less frequently. In theory the platforms LTS releases are built on are more stable as well. So I would strongly recommend sticking with LTS releases on the server platforms. Upgrading every 6 months on the desktop version isn't so painful, but doing it on a production server environment is crazy .

Beans
    Distro

OK, I will roll back to 10.04 in the upcoming holidays. However, I have one more question. I want to create multiple phpmyadmin users, so that users will have access to their database only. Do you have any guide?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by maverickaddicted View Post
    OK, I will roll back to 10.04 in the upcoming holidays. However, I have one more question. I want to create multiple phpmyadmin users, so that users will have access to their database only. Do you have any guide?
    First, you can't 'roll back'.. You'll have to do a complete fresh install of 10.04.

As for multiple users for phpmyadmin, I assume it would be the same as creating regular users... I'll have to Google for a guide.

Beans
    Distro

I sorted out that mulitple user issue. I don't know whether it is a real problem or not. My phpmyadmin.conf was having a <?php in the beginning of the file, but there was no ?> at the end of the file. I just added that tag, and created a database user from the phpmyadmin and it works.

However, I have one doubt. Why it was not giving me any error before?

Beans
    Distro

Hey one more thing. Have you gone through this guide -

http://www.server-world.info/en/note...1.04&p=install

It is having all the information required for configuring Ubuntu 11.04 server and according them it works perfectly. This is the only guide that motivated me to go for the Ubuntu 11.04 server, instead of its LTS version.

I also tried to contact them via email, but didn't get any reply from them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12