Thread: Things not working after install on N150

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Things not working after install on N150

Hi all,

I have just done a complete install of 11.04 on a Samsung N150 Plus. I installed via USB and completely removed windows 7. Now when I try and install chrome/gmail and ubuntu restricted extras nothing happens. For Chrome I downloaded the stable version from their website (34bit) and tried to install but nothing happened, the software center just opened and then froze. I also tried to install gnome gmail via the software center but again I can click on install but nothing happens and the same with Ubuntu restricted extras. I have done the following;

sudo rm /var/lib/apt/lists/* -vf
    and

sudo apt-get update
    and

sudo apt-get upgrade

but still no joy, so I am now a bit stuck on where to go next.

Cheers

Andy
    There is no reality, no truth, only a set of social constructs.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Re: Things not working after install on N150

I have retried to install chrome, downloaded again and when I go to install the software center opens then appears to freeze before a page opens which states that chrome is installed but it is nowhere to be found!!! So I typed into terminal the following sudo apt-get remove google-chrome-stable that then runs then I get the message in terminal google chrome needs to be reinstalled but I cannot find a archive for it.

Now I am totally confused because when I click on the package for chrome and the software center opens it is still saying that it is installed!! very confused at this time.
    There is no reality, no truth, only a set of social constructs.