Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CDROM mount point

Beans

Re: CDROM mount point

Other CD's do work, but the thing is that though I can view my other audio CD's, they never appear in the /media or /mnt directory, or even the directory of the same name, /cdrom. I attributed my inability to view the contents of my XP installation disc to this, since CD's also contain a filesystem, ISO9660, and therefore should appear in /media or /mnt. When I mount my windows partition, it appears in the /mnt folder. Why should CD's be any different. Is there something wrong with my fstab or mstab???

Update: Never mind, other CD's no longer work. Tried putting an audio cd in and it gives me this error:
    Unable to mount Audio Disc
    DBus error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.InvalidArgs: Mountpoint Already registered
    Last edited by Foobarz; July 28th, 2011 at 10:07 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by Foobarz View Post
    Other CD's do work, but the thing is that though I can view my other audio CD's, they never appear in the /media or /mnt directory, or even the directory of the same name, /cdrom. I attributed my inability to view the contents of my XP installation disc to this, since CD's also contain a filesystem, ISO9660, and therefore should appear in /media or /mnt. When I mount my windows partition, it appears in the /mnt folder. Why should CD's be any different. Is there something wrong with my fstab or mstab???

Update: Never mind, other CD's no longer work. Tried putting an audio cd in and it gives me this error:
    Unable to mount Audio Disc
    DBus error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.InvalidArgs: Mountpoint Already registered
    Are you sure on the same PC, same CD Drive, all CDs work fine while you are logging in to Windows? and they don't ever work while you are logging in to Ubuntu? just to confirm.

Beans

Beans

That's BS! I put the installation disc in, and miraculously an icon appears on my desktop. Huh. . . Well, thanks anyway to everybody here.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

I expected YES or NO, not the same previous post

We need to make sure first it's not a hardware issue.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

That's BS! I put the installation disc in, and miraculously an icon appears on my desktop. Huh. . . Well, thanks anyway to everybody here.
    Magic maybe?

Enjoy!

Beans

No still not magic. After installing XP in virtualbox, I tried putting the disc in FIVE MORE TIMES and all it would do is jitter around (you hear this clicking noise inside the disc tray.) But the weird things is that audio CD's work fine and there are no weird noises when I'm opening those. ???

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12