Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Acer Aspire One 722 Ubuntu 11.04 fixes

Beans

Re: Acer Aspire One 722 Ubuntu 11.04 fixes

Quote Originally Posted by dwaszuk View Post
    Also tried with network as first boot option and usb as second, without luck.
    And are you sure network were the first to boot (and fail, skipping to next boot device, the USB)?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by dwaszuk View Post
    Hi, I'm stucked trying to install Ubuntu in a brand new Aspire One 722...
    I'm not sure which F key does this, but after inserting the USB, try to find the command line for starting Ubuntu, and before starting, delete "quiet" and "splash" keywords from it. Then, send last few lines that are displayed after freezing. Also, which 722 do you have (C-50, C-60, something else)?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by casainho View Post
    And are you sure network were the first to boot (and fail, skipping to next boot device, the USB)?
    I didn't let the network option boot... is it necessary? I've thought it was just a matter of order in settings...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by zzarko View Post
    I'm not sure which F key does this, but after inserting the USB, try to find the command line for starting Ubuntu, and before starting, delete "quiet" and "splash" keywords from it. Then, send last few lines that are displayed after freezing. Also, which 722 do you have (C-50, C-60, something else)?
    I'm sorry for not mentioning it.

It's an AMD Dual-core Processor C60... I'm trying to find the correct F function. As soon as I get it I'll let you know. But first I will try with what casainho told of letting network boot and fail..

Beans

Well finally after letting the network boot to fail and booting from usb, it let me start with the process... Sorry, I didn't understand that it was necessary..

Thank you for your replies, casainho and zzarko. I'll continue with the installation taking into account what is posted in this forum.

Regards.

Beans

I really want to thank everyone for the valuable information it helped alot. I have an Acer 722 with APU C-50 and yesterday I updated the BIOS using windows 7 to the latest 1.07, and then I installed ubuntu 11.10 and now i dont need to set the network to boot first in the BIOS and there is no lockups or freezes.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by Fo2adZz View Post
    I really want to thank everyone for the valuable information it helped alot. I have an Acer 722 with APU C-50 and yesterday I updated the BIOS using windows 7 to the latest 1.07, and then I installed ubuntu 11.10 and now i dont need to set the network to boot first in the BIOS and there is no lockups or freezes.
    Managed to upgrade the BIOS with a bootable USB DOS disk. The lockups still happen for me, no change
    I have an Acer 722 with C60.
    Perhaps one needs to install Ubuntu after the BIOS has been changed? Or maybe it's the different APU, no clue.
    I will try to do a grub-update, see if it picks up anything new and will post back if successful.
    husband@wife$ make sandwich
    Permission denied
    husband@wife$ sudo make sandwich

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by LewisTM View Post
    Perhaps one needs to install Ubuntu after the BIOS has been changed?
    Yes, that seems about right. It was the only way to make things work on my Acer Aspire One 522 C-50:
    1) change boot order in BIOS;
    2) install Ubuntu.

Beans

I have an Acer 722 with C60.
    Same model as mine. I had to put network as first boot option and let it fail while booting in order to install ubuntu (as suggested in previous replies). After having it installed I've changed boot options. Now I have 1) usb disk 2) hdd 3) network and boots ok.

Perhaps one needs to install Ubuntu after the BIOS has been changed?
    That's the way I've done it. Hope it helps...

Now everything is going smoothly except for the video resolution. Can't set it higher than 1024x600 (I've not installed propietary drivers). Tried to configure it with xrandr (adding modes) but it crashes.. I think I'll have to get used to this lower resolution

Beans

i played 1080p mkv's videos on windows and they played flawless even connected to a tv through hdmi but with ubuntu the video freezes i've tried fglrx but same problem and it was kinda slow and no suspend, now i'm using open source (also tried xorg-edgers) and the system is faster and it suspend but wont play mkv's

i have to resign to only play mkvs on windows? somebody has this same problem? did you found any solution?

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast