Re: Acer Aspire One 722 Ubuntu 11.04 fixes
I don't think it's a display driver issue, it's more about using an optimized decoder.
Originally Posted by matbonucci
How I made it work:
1. Enable the multiverse repository in the Software Sources
2. Add the PPA for CoreAVC (sudo apt-add-repository ppa:ripps818/coreavc) and update
3. Install mplayer2
4. Install umplayer
6. Setup UMplayer performance options to use two threads and skip the loop filter on HD video only.
6. Set Jupiter or other CPU throttle to maximum performance
7. Enjoy smooth 720p and decent 1080p in UMplayer.
The latter software has the bonus of searching and playing Youtube videos. I found it was the only way to view HD Youtube on the Acer.
Last edited by LewisTM; January 30th, 2012 at 08:08 PM.
Reason: Added the CoreAVC reference
husband@wife$ make sandwich
husband@wife$ sudo make sandwich