Page 82 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast
Results 811 to 820 of 922

Thread: MacBookAir4,1 & MacBookAir4,2 (MBA 2011) support

  1. #811
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Beans
    76

    Re: MacBookAir4,1 & MacBookAir4,2 (MBA 2011) support

    Wiki page updated with instructions for 12.04:

    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MacBookAir4-2

  2. #812
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Beans
    137

    Re: MacBookAir4,1 & MacBookAir4,2 (MBA 2011) support

    Still haven't bothered with the update. Any reason to do a fresh install of 12.04 over an update of 11.10 (which has had post-install run on it)?

    Also in 11.10 suspend works fine but the apple light flashes on and off a few times before finally sleeping and waking is also a pain since I first get my pre-suspend screen then the screen slowly locks and then I have to type a password. No chance this has been improved in 12.04 (I'm guessing its a general X issue and not MBA specific but just checking anyway).

  3. #813
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Beans
    76

    Re: MacBookAir4,1 & MacBookAir4,2 (MBA 2011) support

    Quote Originally Posted by jebus_beler View Post
    Still haven't bothered with the update. Any reason to do a fresh install of 12.04 over an update of 11.10 (which has had post-install run on it)?
    Both options are perfectly fine.

    Quote Originally Posted by jebus_beler View Post
    Also in 11.10 suspend works fine but the apple light flashes on and off a few times before finally sleeping and waking is also a pain since I first get my pre-suspend screen then the screen slowly locks and then I have to type a password. No chance this has been improved in 12.04 (I'm guessing its a general X issue and not MBA specific but just checking anyway).
    The password after resume can be disabled on both 11.10 and 12.04:
    Code:
    gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.lockdown disable-lock-screen 'true'

  4. #814
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Beans
    12
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

    Re: MacBookAir4,1 & MacBookAir4,2 (MBA 2011) support

    Quote Originally Posted by poliva View Post
    Change the screenidle configuration option in ligtum, edit ~/.config/lightum/lightum.conf and add the following at the end:

    Code:
    screenidle=30
    it will dim after 30 seconds.
    You need to restart lightum for this to work (or logout your current session, and login again).
    Thanks for the tip! That solved my issue .

  5. #815
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Beans
    4

    Re: MacBookAir4,1 & MacBookAir4,2 (MBA 2011) support

    Anyone else also experiencing the screen brightness and the backlit keyboard reseting to maximum after every restart? I have a 4,2 13-inch macbook stock 12.04 ubuntu kernel. Is there a script to allow the OS to save these settings?

  6. #816
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Beans
    28

    Re: MacBookAir4,1 & MacBookAir4,2 (MBA 2011) support

    I'm with 12.04, and a 11'' mb, and I experience the same issue with keyboard back-light.

    For me is not a problem since I just reboot when there's a new kernel update; I suspend/resume for days, and that keeps those settings between sessions.

    HTH

  7. #817
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Beans
    4

    Re: MacBookAir4,1 & MacBookAir4,2 (MBA 2011) support

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgg View Post
    Anyone else also experiencing the screen brightness and the backlit keyboard reseting to maximum after every restart? I have a 4,2 13-inch macbook stock 12.04 ubuntu kernel. Is there a script to allow the OS to save these settings?
    After running the script on the wiki 4,2 macbook 12.04 page with a combination of software update through the manager, the brightness and keyboard backlight is unable to be changed at all, the brightness being set to minimum. Perhaps unrelated, but luminance crashes very often. Being new to linux, I have no idea if it was wise to update the list of software from the manager.

  8. #818
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Beans
    76

    Re: MacBookAir4,1 & MacBookAir4,2 (MBA 2011) support

    @jamesgg:

    the keyboard brightness and screen backlight are automatically adjusted depending on ambient light (from the iSight camera). You can tune the functionality on the config file ~/.config/lightum/lightum.conf

    If you want to disable it completely, just uninstall it: aptitude remove lightum.

  9. #819
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Beans
    2

    Re: MacBookAir4,1 & MacBookAir4,2 (MBA 2011) support

    Quote Originally Posted by poliva View Post
    Wiki page updated with instructions for 12.04:

    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MacBookAir4-2

    Thanks mate!

    PiSToL

  10. #820
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Mountain View, CA, USA
    Beans
    261
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

    Re: MacBookAir4,1 & MacBookAir4,2 (MBA 2011) support

    Has anyone had a problem with the network driver being very slow to load and connect after resuming from suspend? I'm on 12.04.

Page 82 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •