Page 66 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast

Thread: MacBookAir4,1 & MacBookAir4,2 (MBA 2011) support

Beans

Re: MacBookAir4,1 & MacBookAir4,2 (MBA 2011) support

Having problems with suspend on a Macbook Air 4.2 (Samsung LCD & 256GB SSD).

When I'm closing the lid the apple would stay lit for a sec and then backlight is switches off.
    If I open the lid - everything is ok, I'm promted for a password.

But in above situation, if I won't open the lid immediately, after a couple of seconds the logo would lights and dims again. Then when I'm opening the lid afterwards the screen behaves crazy: either I can see the desktop but everything is laggy, have a lot of special effects or I just get a screen of random waves of light like northern lights.

I have been trying to install Ubuntu on this machine for about a week now. And it seems that I'm the only one having this issue.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by shivamurti View Post
    But in above situation, if I won't open the lid immediately, after a couple of seconds the logo would lights and dims again.
    mine does that also but it corrects itself after a second and prompts for the password.

maybe try running just the i915 script?

Code:
    wget -Nq http://www.almostsure.com/mba42/fix-i915.sh
    ./fix-i915.sh
    should reinstall everything for the display without messing with anything else.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfador View Post
    maybe try running just the i915 s cript?
    Didn't work. I've already tried reinstalling system a few times and running script part by part.
    By the way, my panel number is LTH133BT01A03.

Tomorrow I will post a video of those 'special effects'.

Here's the video:
    http://youtu.be/GBuYbb3-ly4
    Last edited by shivamurti; January 7th, 2012 at 11:39 AM.

Beans

Hi,

Great news, I just upgraded a clean install and update of 11.10 to 12.04 (Precise) and everything on my Air is working flawlessly. This is on a MacBookAir4,1 (11") and without running the post-isntall-oneiric.sh script.

I still have some getting used to the default touchpad behavior and will post my progress.

Previously in Oneiric/11.10 my touchpad would not work sometimes without installing a external mouse first and video support after each kernel update was a problem.

Beans

Is anyone having trouble with suspend?

My 4,2 will not suspend. Whenever I close the lid or click on suspend in the gnome shell menu, it appears to start to suspend but then wakes back up and stays awake. the screen stays on the lock screen.

Any suggestions to fix this? Last night my battery died cause I thought it suspended when it didn't and found out this was why...

Beans
    Hidden!

I have the problem that, no matter which key layout I use (i.e. the default Danish, Macintosh) for my 4.2 Air, I can not enable "3'rd level" characters (pipe |, back-slash \, at-sign @ etc.) similar to how Alt-Gr behaves on a PC.

Instead when I use the Right Alt, I get a context popup (Menu).

As far as I an tell, this giant thread does not mention others with this problem, though I am able to find other references to the problem: http://javahacker.com/?p=189e

Does anyone else have any advice as to what could be going on here? I am fairly sure that, at some point, I did see Right-Alt work as the 3'rd level selector as I would expect.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by davidpitkin View Post
    Hi,

Great news, I just upgraded a clean install and update of 11.10 to 12.04 (Precise) and everything on my Air is working flawlessly. This is on a MacBookAir4,1 (11") and without running the post-isntall-oneiric.sh script.
    Cool! I wanted to try it out, but I have to use my machine the coming few weeks for some important stuff so I'd rather not upgrade just yet. But this makes me more happy to upgrade after my exams/projects are over

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mrmorris View Post
    I have the problem that, no matter which key layout I use (i.e. the default Danish, Macintosh) for my 4.2 Air, I can not enable "3'rd level" characters (pipe |, back-slash \, at-sign @ etc.) similar to how Alt-Gr behaves on a PC.
    Check the xmodmap section of the wiki.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by deanproxy View Post
    Is anyone having trouble with suspend?

My 4,2 will not suspend. Whenever I close the lid or click on suspend in the gnome shell menu, it appears to start to suspend but then wakes back up and stays awake. the screen stays on the lock screen.

Any suggestions to fix this? Last night my battery died cause I thought it suspended when it didn't and found out this was why...

after testing, I found that suspend works fine when the battery is fully charged. it will not suspend after it starts to lose a charge. how very odd....

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by poliva View Post
    Thanks. The pof settings worked for me (except now I think scrol direction is reversed).

Page 66 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast