Thread: Alsamixer volumes not saved between reboots + audio settings for phonon not sticking

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

Alsamixer volumes not saved between reboots + audio settings for phonon not sticking

Kubuntu 11.04
    KDE 4.6.5

I have the same problem mentioned in various other posts - low volume on my Logitech headset.

Both my onboard sound and my Logitech headset works perfect. No problem with drivers or access.

And I am able to use alsamixer in the Konsole to fix the problem.

BUT -

I have to do this EVERY time I reboot the computer.

Separate, but similar issue:
    In the audio settings in KDE (System Settings>Multimedia>Phonon>Audio Capture>Communication) I am constantly seeing the microphone for the headset getting pushed down on the list so I have to bring it to the top again.

Does anyone have any idea how to make these settings stick?
    Regards,

Oceanwatcher
    Blog about free software: http://www.datahverdag.com/

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: Alsamixer volumes not saved between reboots + audio settings for phonon not stick

Quote Originally Posted by Oceanwatcher View Post
    Kubuntu 11.04
    KDE 4.6.5

I have the same problem mentioned in various other posts - low volume on my Logitech headset.

Both my onboard sound and my Logitech headset works perfect. No problem with drivers or access.

And I am able to use alsamixer in the Konsole to fix the problem.

BUT -

I have to do this EVERY time I reboot the computer.

Separate, but similar issue:
    In the audio settings in KDE (System Settings>Multimedia>Phonon>Audio Capture>Communication) I am constantly seeing the microphone for the headset getting pushed down on the list so I have to bring it to the top again.

Does anyone have any idea how to make these settings stick?
    In a Terminal window, try:
    Code:
    sudo alsactl store 0
    That should solve the problem with alsamixer.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Alsamixer volumes not saved between reboots + audio settings for phonon not stick

Quote Originally Posted by Oceanwatcher View Post
    Kubuntu 11.04
    KDE 4.6.5
    This is a known bug in Kubuntu 11.04; it's not a problem on my 10.10 installation, even with the backports repository (KDE 4.6.2) enabled.