Thread: Custom auto-hide panel: hidden forever

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Custom auto-hide panel: hidden forever

Hello guys,

I have a panel on the right side of my desktop which i use to launch softwares; its set on auto-hide & recently it just hid & never comes out. I guess i've added alot of drawers & launchers in it lol

any help is appreciated

thanks
    [Dell Studio XPS 1640] [Core2Duo P8700 2.53GHz] [500/4GB][ATI Radeon HD 4670] [12.04/Win7]
    [Dell Inspiron 8600] [? 1.73GHz] [80/1 GB] [-] [10.04/XP]
    [No Brand] [PIII (Coppermine) 1GHz] [80GB/248 MB] [-] [#!/lubuntu 11.10/XP]

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Custom auto-hide panel: hidden forever

Put your cursor on the right edge of the screen and the panel will pop out in less than 1 second.
    If this doesn't show the panel, maybe you've deleted it accidentally( right click on the panel> Delete this panel). In this case you'll have to create it again.
    Or are you experiencing this problem ? (seems like a "gap" in the panel might even render the panel invisible).
    Last edited by PCaddicted; July 26th, 2011 at 08:08 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Custom auto-hide panel: hidden forever

Quote Originally Posted by PCaddicted View Post
    Put your cursor on the right edge of the screen and the panel will pop out in less than 1 second.
    If this doesn't show the panel, maybe you've deleted it accidentally( right click on the panel> Delete this panel). In this case you'll have to create it again.
    This am aware off, that's why i made it auto-hide in the first place; i don't think i deleted it.

Or are you experiencing this problem ? (seems like a "gap" in the panel might even make the panel invisible).
    i do sometimes experience such an issue but not with this particular panel but with the bottom & b/c of this i know its there; it just seems locked there.

I do use compiz in regard of the thread you linked to.

Any suggestions ?

I ran the command
    Code:
    killall gnome-panel
    but the problem persists :S

Interestingly; i was just trying to get a screenshot of this line (using shutter) but it cannot appear in the sceenshot; the itneresting part is that when i used the "window" mode in Shutter & used the arrow to locate the panel window, when i clicked to take the screenshot the panel appeared but after that it hid once again & stayed locked as before.
    I retried that again & managed to right click & change deselect the autohide option.

see attachment for a view of the panel

P.S.: i think i wrote "right" side instead of "left" side lol. the panel is located on the left side hehe; i guess that's what the lack of sleep results in lol

Anyways, do you have any idea why this happened ?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by astrobob.tk; July 20th, 2011 at 04:48 PM. Reason: add
    [Dell Studio XPS 1640] [Core2Duo P8700 2.53GHz] [500/4GB][ATI Radeon HD 4670] [12.04/Win7]
    [Dell Inspiron 8600] [? 1.73GHz] [80/1 GB] [-] [10.04/XP]
    [No Brand] [PIII (Coppermine) 1GHz] [80GB/248 MB] [-] [#!/lubuntu 11.10/XP]