Thread: How would I export The Sims 3 saved game setting to PlayOnLinux directory?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate

Question How would I export The Sims 3 saved game setting to PlayOnLinux directory?

Hi.

My niece has The Sims 3 installed on her old laptop running Windows XP.

How would I export The Sims 3 saved game setting to PlayOnLinux directory on my desktop? What file(s) would be relevant?

Thanks.
    1st Distro used (live CD): Knoppix in early 2007 ¦ 1st Distro Installed: Ubuntu 7.10 in Feb 2008
    GNU/Linux User #470660 – Ubuntu User #28226
    Isaac Asimov: "I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them."

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: How would I export The Sims 3 saved game setting to PlayOnLinux directory?

Hi,

First you have to install the original game on the Linux computer with all of the expansion packs.

If you've already done that, copy the whole folder entitled 'Electronic Arts' from the Windows computer from the 'My Documents' / 'Documents' folder to the Linux computer's (with WINE installed) home folder (equivalent of My Documents) it should be '/home/USERNAME/'

When you run the Sims 3 it should act just like it did on the Windows computer.

I'm not sure if it's the same for PlayOnLinux - but if it doesn't work we can go from there.
    - Justin Reno
    Need an easy way to store files publicly or even privately without hassle over the internet to be accessed anywhere? Try Dropbox. Use this link to get an extra 250MB of storage!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate

Wink Re: How would I export The Sims 3 saved game setting to PlayOnLinux directory?

Quote Originally Posted by JustinR View Post
    Hi,

First you have to install the original game on the Linux computer with all of the expansion packs.

If you've already done that, copy the whole folder entitled 'Electronic Arts' from the Windows computer from the 'My Documents' / 'Documents' folder to the Linux computer's (with WINE installed) home folder (equivalent of My Documents) it should be '/home/USERNAME/'

When you run the Sims 3 it should act just like it did on the Windows computer.

I'm not sure if it's the same for PlayOnLinux - but if it doesn't work we can go from there.

Thank you JustinR. I will try that.
    1st Distro used (live CD): Knoppix in early 2007 ¦ 1st Distro Installed: Ubuntu 7.10 in Feb 2008
    GNU/Linux User #470660 – Ubuntu User #28226
    Isaac Asimov: "I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them."