Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Graphical interface freezes randomly(?).

Beans

Re: Graphical interface freezes randomly(?).

Quote Originally Posted by wildmanne39 View Post
    Hi, that is a different issue, it just started occurring correct? That may be a permission issue, you should probably start another thread for that issue. I am going to wait for awhile and see if my friend comes online because he may know how to fix the hotplug problem.
    Thanks,
    so the hotplug problem is related to the black screen or the freeze?
    I'll probably see what's going on with the black screen and get more information then ask for help about that.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by sea52020 View Post
    Thanks,
    so the hotplug problem is related to the black screen or the freeze?
    I'll probably see what's going on with the black screen and get more information then ask for help about that.
    Hi, I have done more research on the hotplug in the xorg file, while it looks like a problem it is not, many people have that in there file and it does not cause any problems so we are back to not knowing why your system is freezing.

Beans

Hi, I have done more research on the hotplug in the xorg file, while it looks like a problem it is not, many people have that in there file and it does not cause any problems so we are back to not knowing why your system is freezing.
    ok... I take that as a good news? lol

So, I found that it's not possible for me to use the LibreOffice Writer that comes with 11.04. gui freezes when it's loading no matter when where how.
    Didn't try openOffice yet.
    May the problem caused by some permission things?
    Last edited by sea52020; July 20th, 2011 at 06:21 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by sea52020 View Post
    ok... I take that as a good news? lol

So, I found that it's not possible for me to use the LibreOffice Writer that comes with 11.04. gui freezes when it's loading no matter when where how.
    Didn't try openOffice yet.
    May the problem caused by some permission things?
    Hi, it is impossible for me to say for sure since we have not seen any errors in any log files.

You might be having issues from the nvidia driver, You could try using another one and see if that helps, I could not use the one recommended I had to use the older driver.

Beans

Hi, it is impossible for me to say for sure since we have not seen any errors in any log files.

You might be having issues from the nvidia driver, You could try using another one and see if that helps, I could not use the one recommended I had to use the older driver.

I switched to the one from official website of nvidia, seems they are the same though.
    Thanks any way.
    I'll try to create another user and see if that happens to that home folder.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123