Thread: Updated X, now no HDMI audio

Beans

Updated X, now no HDMI audio

Ran apt-get last night on my nVidia ION media center (running XBMC). Apt showed several updates to various X packages, all updated successfully. I shut the system down for the night.

Started it up this morning, and the resolution has been bolluxed, down to 640x480, but I can easily fix that later; XBMC still ran fine. Loaded up a cartoon for my toddler to watch, and found the audio was not working. Checked the settings in XBMC and nothing had changed. The little guy was getting antsy so I sent him upstairs to watch cartoons while I did some basic checks. Logged into my profile, went to Sound, and after some checking, found that none of the audio devices output any sound. I loaded up alsamixer and verified that none of the sound cards had been muted.

I'm pretty sure this is a fairly easy fix, but I'm not sure where to start. Aplay -l and lspci -v are normal; nothing has changed from before the update. I'm not sure if the snd-hda-intel module got unloaded, or if maybe an X configuration file got reset to default, or what.

What are a few things I can check?

Coog

Beans

Re: Updated X, now no HDMI audio

Anything? I got the resolution fixed, but the audio problem persists. It was working fine before the update.

Here's the alsa info:

http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=4b...81b3ad53b0a051

Coog

Beans

Re: Updated X, now no HDMI audio

Well I know the audio to the headphone jack work. I'm close to getting it working, but I'm not sure what to check next.

Coog