Thread: Using Denon DN-X600 as usb soundcard

Beans

Question Using Denon DN-X600 as usb soundcard

Hi,

I have just purchased the Denon DN-X600 DJ mixer, and would like to use it as a 4-in, 4-out soundcard with xwax vinyl emulation software (I have turntables and Serato control records). The mixer has a routing option for DVS, where the phono inputs send the control tone through USB to the computer and the return audio is sent back to the mixer along the USB bus, similar to a Rane TTM57 mixer for anyone who has used one of those. I´m running Ubuntu 12.10 on a late 2011 MacBook Pro.

With the mixer connected by USB, running lsusb shows it as
    Bus 002 Device 005: ID 154e:500f D&M Holdings, Inc. (Denon/Marantz)

I don´t know how to get it to show up as an audio device though, as it doesn´t appear in settings as such.

Also the mixer itself has two modes for USB operation, ¨MAC¨ or ¨PC¨, I´m not sure which would be best to have the mixer in, given that I´m running on a MacBook I have left it in the ¨MAC¨ mode.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Beans

Re: Using Denon DN-X600 as usb soundcard

http://mailman.alsa-project.org/pipe...er/057827.html

I'm going to see if I can do something similar to get teh dn-x600 tonight (or this week). It might help if we shoot a message to this guy and see if he got any further (edit: i shot him an email, so we'll see).

(sorry for this reply to an ancient message, but im sick of using my NI 2USB when my denon has a better setup already built in)
    Last edited by psynautic; May 20th, 2013 at 06:26 PM.