Thread: video acceleration not available

Beans

Unhappy video acceleration not available

hello guys,
    when ever i am watching a video from vlc media player, i get these interrupting messages in the middle of the video, or sometimes at the very beginning as i start to watch.

Your video output acceleration driver does not support the required resolution: 6408x5644 pixels. The maximum supported resolution is 2048x2048.
    Video output acceleration will be disabled. However, rendering videos with overly large resolution may cause severe performance degration.

i am using an acer aspire 5732z and my screen does not work so i use an external monitor of resolution 1024x768 when i plug it into my ubuntu natty. i really dont understand a thing about the message and i need help pliz.
    olderék

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Re: video acceleration not available

Does this happen with a lot of videos or just one in particular? Perhaps the file has some corruption?

beew is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans

Go to VLC Preferences > Input and Codecs and uncheck "use GPU acceleration" and see if it helps.

Beans

there is one video in particular that gives me the message at the beginning of the video and after i press ok it shows the video without problems. but there are movies i watch and in the middle of the video, i get the message.

''Go to VLC Preferences > Input and Codecs and uncheck "use GPU acceleration" and see if it helps.''
    does not help.
    olderék

Beans

what your looking for should be here

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=766683

Beans

thank you. it really helped
    olderék