Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: Removed Graphics - Boots to tty1

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Beans
    21,243
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome Development Release

    Re: Removed Graphics - Boots to tty1

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCadaver View Post
    Well, I've also found natty to be slower, and I'd much rather have a legitamate 10.10 than a branched off classic version of 11.04. And why would I want a "fake" 10.10 desktop with an outdated compiz when I could have the actual maverick meerkat?

    I just want a Solution to this problem, No new OS, but as a last resort, Could I just re-install ubuntu 10.10?
    Hi, sure you can re-install, I was just giving you options because the next release there will not be a classic mode at all.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Beans
    73
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

    Re: Removed Graphics, stuck on tty1

    Currently buying it, but it won't solve the problem as I am moving from ATI to nvidia. Need to solve this and uninstall ATI fglrx driver I suppose, but how?

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Beans
    73
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

    Re: Removed Graphics - Boots to tty1

    Quote Originally Posted by wildmanne39 View Post
    Hi, sure you can re-install, I was just giving you options because the next release there will not be a classic mode at all.

    Really? That's depressing... Honestly, after this, I might move from ubuntu to, I guess, some other Linux OS with gnome.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Beans
    73
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

    Re: Removed Graphics - Boots to tty1

    Is there a way to simply re-install 10.10 through terminal commands? Or do I have to go through the trouble of creating a live disk?

    Been without a computer for over a week because of this, it's painful :/

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Removed Graphics - Boots to tty1

    Threads merged.
    GRUB2

    Retired.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Removed Graphics - Boots to tty1

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCadaver View Post
    Is there a way to simply re-install 10.10 through terminal commands? Or do I have to go through the trouble of creating a live disk?

    Been without a computer for over a week because of this, it's painful :/
    You can boot the ISO from the Grub 2 menu (if you can get to it) and install from there if you don't want to burn a disk. Here is a guide on how to do it:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1599293
    GRUB2

    Retired.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Beans
    21,243
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome Development Release

    Re: Removed Graphics - Boots to tty1

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCadaver View Post
    Really? That's depressing... Honestly, after this, I might move from ubuntu to, I guess, some other Linux OS with gnome.
    Hi, I was just answering your question, you asked if you could re-install and the answer is yes you can if that is what you want to do, I gave you the possible answer to your problem with a link but you did not say you even considered it, you just said
    Originally Posted by TheCadaver View Post
    Well, I've also found natty to be slower, and I'd much rather have a legitamate 10.10 than a branched off classic version of 11.04. And why would I want a "fake" 10.10 desktop with an outdated compiz when I could have the actual maverick meerkat?

    I just want a Solution to this problem, No new OS, but as a last resort, Could I just re-install ubuntu 10.10?
    The link I gave you the possible solution, without the need to reinstall, I was trying to help you.
    Last edited by wildmanne39; July 4th, 2011 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Add more text

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Beans
    73
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

    Re: Removed Graphics - Boots to tty1

    Quote Originally Posted by wildmanne39 View Post
    Hi, I was just answering your question, you asked if you could re-install and the answer is yes you can if that is what you want to do, I gave you the possible answer to your problem with a link but you did not say you even considered it, you just said
    The link I gave you the possible solution, without the need to reinstall, I was trying to help you.
    You gave me the links to Compiz in 11.04 and proper Compiz in 11.04 classic mode. I want neither. I really, truly want to stay with 10.10, though or at least 10.04, that's LTS, right? Don't want 11.04, even on classic mode with all it's fixes, and especially if they're removing classic mode in future releases.
    Last edited by TheCadaver; July 5th, 2011 at 03:13 AM.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Beans
    73
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

    Re: Removed Graphics - Boots to tty1

    Quote Originally Posted by drs305 View Post
    You can boot the ISO from the Grub 2 menu (if you can get to it) and install from there if you don't want to burn a disk. Here is a guide on how to do it:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1599293
    Followed the instruction in the "display menu" section, nothing happened.
    Last edited by TheCadaver; July 5th, 2011 at 03:30 AM.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Santa Ana ,CA, USA
    Beans
    43
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

    Re: Removed Graphics - Boots to tty1

    Hi ,I hope you have not reinstalled yet, have you tried to switch to graphics mode whit ctrl+alt + f7 though you will get in low graphics mode ,then you can install your cards driver and avoid the trouble of reinstalling everything.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •