Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Why is it still so important to have a Qt/GTK-only set of applications installed?

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Why is it still so important to have a Qt/GTK-only set of applications installed?

Quote Originally Posted by NightwishFan View Post
    I most definitely use Synaptic on KDE. On Debian based distros you can use "apt-get --no-install-recommends install" to cut out a few non-essential dependencies. I need this to have the software center work right on debian kde.
    How is Debian with introducing packagekit as a backend, btw?

Beans

Re: Why is it still so important to have a Qt/GTK-only set of applications installed?

Quote Originally Posted by el_koraco View Post
    How is Debian with introducing packagekit as a backend, btw?
    http://packages.debian.org/search?ke...ll&section=all

Packages for it seem to be hitting Wheezy (testing).

Beans
    Hidden!

Nice. I wonder what they're gonna do with the KDE version for Wheezy when it goes stable - whether they're gonna stay with the current setup, go with packagekit, or hit a Muon-aptdaemon integration like Kubuntu.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by el_koraco View Post
    Nice. I wonder what they're gonna do with the KDE version for Wheezy when it goes stable - whether they're gonna stay with the current setup, go with packagekit, or hit a Muon-aptdaemon integration like Kubuntu.
    muon's already in wheezy - I just don't know if it's the default package manager. It wasn't a couple months back when I gave wheezy a spin.
    we don't see things as they are, we see them as we are.
    -- anais nin

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567