Thread: Different browsers, how to get different IPs

Beans

Different browsers, how to get different IPs

Hello,

I have rented a Virtual Private Server during several years as I have learned to install a SOCKS proxy I use through a SSH tunnel. In my local machine, this proxy appears as a port of my localhost.

Unfortunately, this VPS is expensive and I would like to know if there are any relatively inexpensive ways to connect through different browsers to different IPs

Summarizing, the main reason I have this VPS is that it allows me to listen to US radio stations even though I am in Europe. I am looking for cheaper ways to achieve this.

I have found a reseller account for a third of what I pay for my VPS and I have found VPN companies with IPs in many different cities of many different countries. As far as I have deduced, a VPN would change the IP of all my computer's access to Internet. That is not an ideal way for me as google would know my IP as soon as I logged on to my account.

I would like to know if there is a way with a VPN to create proxies that I can use with only some of my browsers and use my main ISP IP for all the rest of my Internet access.

Love
    But but, in the wholetaken it is not only only as long as the fart is not too large (Don't go too fast)
    http://andreso.net
    http://megustafumar.org

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Different browsers, how to get different IPs

You can buy a cheap (but advanced) cisco router, on e-bay. And create Access Control Lists to divert traffic, to the correct locations, over your VPN connections.

If you would need help on setting such up. Im willing to give you a hand. Currently study CCNP (where i have used a lot of time on VPN connections and how to control traffic)
    Last edited by Drenriza; June 27th, 2011 at 10:40 AM.