Thread: Computer won't wake up from sleep/suspend mode

Beans

Computer won't wake up from sleep/suspend mode

My computer when I tell it to go into sleep/suspend mode it won't wake up. Anything I can do?

Is there a way to save it's current state {programs opened websites loaded}->turn computer off-> Turn on-> load saved state?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Computer won't wake up from sleep/suspend mode

Have you tried pushing the power button? A friend of mine has to do that to resume from sleep.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfen69 View Post
    Have you tried pushing the power button? A friend of mine has to do that to resume from sleep.
    Or try holding down the power button for about 5 seconds. That worked for me when my computer didn't turn on.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by trizrK View Post
    Or try holding down the power button for about 5 seconds. That worked for me when my computer didn't turn on.
    I had to do that before Natty Narwhal. Now I just hit a key on the keyboard/move the mouse

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by wolfen69 View Post
    Pushing the power button turns the whole thing off and when turned back on nothing is saved/reloaded.

Quote Originally Posted by pimentel28 View Post
    I had to do that before Natty Narwhal. Now I just hit a key on the keyboard/move the mouse
    I've pushed every key on the keyboard and moved the mouse like a crazy person. it won't wake up.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by Org1 View Post
    Pushing the power button turns the whole thing off and when turned back on nothing is saved/reloaded.

I've pushed every key on the keyboard and moved the mouse like a crazy person. it won't wake up.
    Try pushing the power button very quickly. Just a quick tap. That may also work.

Also, what version of Ubuntu are your using? And do you have a proprietary graphics driver? If not use the driver wizard. There should be a motherboard icon on the indicator applet.

Beans

quick taps to the power button does nothing I just got ubuntu it should be the newest version 11.04.

Not sure on the graphic driver I'll try the driver wizard.

/edit driver wizard had nothing to download but I'm going be replacing my really old video card with a slightly newer one in a few days.

/edit it was the video card. Replaced with a x1550 and it wakes right up.
    Last edited by Org1; June 28th, 2011 at 12:43 AM.