Thread: youtube video download

Beans

youtube video download

Hey guys,
    I have some 100 links of youtube videos in a file and i want a bash script which does the following:

1-> Whenever i boot into my ubuntu it prompts me to resume the download .
    2-> If i don't want it to download at that time it prompts me again after say 10 minutes .
    3-> I also want the option that I dont want to download now and dont show me any more prompts for this session.
    4->I could cancel the download in between during the session and and again it prompts me after 10 min if i wish.(since i have a slow connection i want this option to save bandwidth for some other job)
    5->Again since I have a slow connection I want if possible that i have an option to select the quality of video.(It would take a lot of time to download a HD video and i may not want that)

I dont expect the complete script ofcourse
    All I want is some basic outline for this and some commands like what should I do that it asks me whenever i boot into ubuntu without any command.(I am new to bash)
    I know youtube-dl and notify-send commands and some other basic bash commands like while,for,grep etc. and I have some exposure to programming so i think i could do it with a little help from you guys!

Thanks in advance!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: youtube video download

While this would be an excellent excercise in learning how to construct a bash script........

.......I'm pretty sure we're not allowed to help you do that.

Re: youtube video download

From the Youtube Terms of Service:

You shall not download any Content unless you see a “download” or similar link displayed by YouTube on the Service for that Content.
    Thread Closed.